• Subscribe
  • What makes a pitch deck stand out to investors?

Morgane Granier
    40 replies
    Creating a pitch deck that grabs investors' attention can be a game-changer, but what truly makes a presentation stand out? Is it the design, the data, the story, or a mix of everything? Let’s dive into what really catches the eye—and the checkbook—of potential investors 🔥

Replies

Dhruv N
    @morgane_glt By demonstrating unique selling points throughout the pitch deck, investors can see the value proposition and competitive advantage. This makes the pitch more engaging, memorable, and persuasive.
    Morgane Granier
    @dhruv_n1 Absolutely! Highlighting unique selling points is crucial. When investors can easily grasp your value proposition and competitive edge, it not only keeps them engaged but also makes your pitch more convincing and memorable. And if you nail the design and make it intuitive, then no doubt you'll stand out!
    Morgane Granier
    A standout pitch deck, in my view, is one that use the combination of intuitive design, interactive elements, and a STRONG narrative. It can turn a good pitch into a memorable one.
    Purvam Joshi
    I feel, Hard Copy Pitch deck is still one of the 'thing' which will stand out. investor wants efforts, in this era if you print out your deck 'the hard copy' ,the hands on feel would legit impress the people
    Morgane Granier
    @purvamjoshi I get what you're saying—there's definitely something impactful about a tangible, hard copy deck that shows extra effort. While I think digital pitch decks with interactive elements add a modern touch and can make the presentation more dynamic, having a beautifully designed hard copy can serve as a great complement that stands out in a sea of screens 👌
    YanXu
    Your profitability plan and the reasons you were able to achieve it
    Morgane Granier
    @all_appp_games Great point—investors definitely want to see a clear path to profitability and understand the key drivers behind it. Highlighting your profitability plan, along with the strategic decisions and actions that have helped you get there, can build confidence and make your pitch far more compelling.
    Alexander Galitsky
    “2 exits”
    Morgane Granier
    @ag94 Haha, the magic words every investor loves to hear! 🚀 Nothing says “I know what I’m doing” quite like a couple of successful exits—talk about the ultimate pitch deck flex!
    Tumblar Kevin
    A unique value proposition. What sets your business apart? A pitch deck that highlights a unique selling point or innovation can stand out by showing why your idea is different and worth investing in.
    Morgane Granier
    @tumblar_kevin Absolutely, nailing down and clearly showcasing your unique value proposition is key! Investors see countless pitches, so highlighting what sets you apart—whether it’s an innovative approach, a game-changing product, or a unique market insight—can make all the difference.
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    @tumblar_kevin I agree. Thanks for sharing. :)
    Philip Polk
    Strong team credentials. Investors are often interested in the team behind the idea. Showcasing the expertise and experience of your team can make a big impact and build confidence in your venture.
    Morgane Granier
    @philip_polk The right mix of skills, experience, and passion ✨ Curious: what is the best way to present your team if you don't have a fancy degree or worked in a top company? Might be an idea for another discussion feed 🤓
    Stephane Thrasher
    Engaging visuals. Great visuals and infographics can make your pitch more memorable. They help in conveying your message clearly and can make your data more engaging and easier to digest.
    Morgane Granier
    @stephane_thrasher You’re so right! How you present your information can make a huge difference. Instead of overwhelming with text, visuals help break things down and keep the audience interested.
    Iris Matt
    A strong narrative. A pitch deck that tells a compelling story and clearly outlines the problem and solution tends to grab investors' attention. It’s about engaging them with a vision rather than just numbers.
    Morgane Granier
    @angelina__ashley Totally! A pitch deck that weaves a captivating story and clearly shows how you tackle a problem is way more engaging than just a bunch of figures. Investors are drawn to a vision they can get excited about, not just a list of stats (although you should show data if you got it) It’s like making them feel like they’re part of your journey from the get-go!
    Evan_Washington
    Clear visual and design. Investors are drawn to well designed slides with clear visuals. A sleek, professional layout can make complex information easier to understand and keep their attention focused.
    Morgane Granier
    @evan_washington Absolutely! A clean and well-designed presentation can really help make your message shine. When slides are visually appealing and information is easy to follow, it not only keeps investors engaged but also makes it easier for them to grasp the key points quickly.
    Puja Kumari
    Solid data. Detailed markets research, clear financial projections, and evidence of traction are crucial. Investors want to see solid data that supports your claims and demonstrates potential for growth.
    Morgane Granier
    @puja__kumari For sure! Proving that there’s a real opportunity for growth and showing you’ve done your homework.
    Victoire Mathieu
    I always find that a compelling story really grabs my attention. Seeing how a startup's vision fits into the bigger picture and addresses a real problem is crucial for me.
    Morgane Granier
    @victoire_mathieu I completely agree! A strong narrative helps put everything into perspective and makes the pitch more relatable.
    Zaheer Khan
    For me, the team side is important. Knowing that the team behind the idea has the right skills and enthusiasm gives me confidence in the project.
    Morgane Granier
    @zah_eer_khan Absolutely, having a strong team is key! When you know the people behind the idea have the right mix of expertise and passion, it really boosts confidence in the project’s potential. It’s reassuring to see a team that’s not only skilled but also genuinely invested in making the vision a reality.
    Elido Dial
    A clear and compelling story really stands out. Investors want to see a vision that’s both exciting and achievable.
    Morgane Granier
    @elido_dial Totally agree! A well-crafted story that’s both inspiring and realistic can really make a pitch memorable.
    Sulemna Ola
    A concise, well-structured deck that effectively communicates the problem, solution, and market opportunity makes a strong impression.
    Morgane Granier
    @sulemna_ola Absolutely! Keeping it concise and well-organized helps ensure your key points come across clearly and powerfully. I'd add: make it appealing and intuitive. You won't always pitch to the VCs. Sometimes you'll just send your deck to try to get a meeting
    Matthew Baker
    Strong data-driven insights are key. Showing how your solution addresses a real problem with solid metrics makes a big impact.
    Morgane Granier
    @matthew__baker Definitely! Demonstrating how your solution tackles a real issue with concrete numbers not only strengthens your case but also helps investors see the tangible value and potential of your approach.
    Rahul Parmar
    A standout pitch deck is clear, concise, and visually engaging, with a compelling story, solid data, and a clear value proposition.
    Morgane Granier
    @rahulparmar2405 Exactly! When a pitch deck blends intuitive design, interactive features, and a compelling story, it can elevate a good pitch into something truly memorable. It’s all about using these elements together to create a presentation that’s not only engaging but also leaves a lasting impression.
    Robin P.
    Launching soon!
    I recommend to place the most impressive elements of what makes up your startup in the first few slides after you've introduced the problem and how you're addressing it. Assuming you are referring to a deck for early stage startups, the most important thing investors want to see is traction. Traction and its positive growth over time is the proof of demand that basically trumps everything else. Ideally it is traction in the form of your target audience paying for you product or service but if you're still pre-revenue, there are plenty of other ways of showing traction. Design is all good and well and it can draw an investor in but without substance that matters it doesn't matter a lot. An early-stage startup with great traction proving that the market wants whatever it is they are selling can get away with a super simple deck.
    Matthew Aaron Clarke
    Definitely highlight your unique value prop and competitive advantages throughout the deck. Investors want to quickly grasp how you're different and better than alternatives. Make those points super clear and compelling to grab their attention and make your pitch stand out. Show, don't just tell!