• Subscribe
  • What key steps did you take before launching on Product Hunt for a successful debut?

Priyanka Saini
    31 replies
    Here are the key steps our team followed during our first launch. ๐Ÿš€ https://www.techuplabs.com/blog/product-hunt-launch Feel free to share your own in the comments!

Replies

Ha My Tran
    I made 4 "top of the day" launches so far. These are 2 key things: - Pre-launch promotion matters. Do producthunt discussion. Promote in variety of groups and communities to inform them about your product. - Do not ignore Product name and tagline. These 2 things should clearly show the product's value proposition to draw the audience's attention to your product. My team built an internal AI workflow to streamline launch copywriting. You can check this out: https://mindpal.space/workflow/p....
    Priyanka Saini
    @ha_my_tran Thank you so much for sharing your experience Ha My Tran! The tips about pre-launch promotion and focusing on the name and tagline make total sense. Iโ€™ll definitely put more thought into how I communicate the value of my product. Really appreciate the advice!
    Travis Warne
    Before launching on Product Hunt, I researched successful launches, engaged with the community, and created an eye-catching product page with clear messaging. I prepared engaging visuals, scheduled a launch day push, and reached out to early supporters for upvotes and feedback. Like promoting a new line of https://drake-merch.shop/, it's about building anticipation, optimizing presentation, and rallying a supportive audience for maximum impact.
    Priyanka Saini
    @travis_warne Thanks for the great tips Travis! Building anticipation and preparing everything thoroughly really makes a difference. Iโ€™ll definitely keep this in mind for my launch. Appreciate the advice!
    Justin
    @travis_warne The strategy of engaging with the community and prepping visuals is spot on. It's like setting the stage for a new Drake merch dropโ€”gotta build that hype! ๐ŸŽค Have you thought about post-launch engagement to keep the momentum going? ๐Ÿค”
    Eric Foster
    I reached out to a few key influencers in my space before launch day. Their support on launch day gave my product a solid boost
    DesignzByOJ
    @eric_fos_ter whatโ€™s ur process? Whenever I did I got ignored ๐Ÿ˜…
    Priyanka Saini
    @eric_fos_ter Thanks for sharing! Reaching out to key influencers sounds like a great strategy. I will try in my next launch. Their support can definitely make a big difference on launch day!
    Priyanka Saini
    @eric_fos_ter @designzbyoj Great question! Itโ€™s not easy to get a reply from influencers.๐Ÿ˜…
    Nicholas Watson
    Thanks for asking this question - I'm curious of the same!
    Priyanka Saini
    @nickwatson I hope you got the answer! lol :)
    Leslie Conner
    Before launching, I made sure to build a small group of early supporters who believed in the product. They really helped spread the word on launch day.
    Zaid
    @leslie_conner Hello Leslie, I would love to know what strategies do you use to build that group of early supporters
    Priyanka Saini
    @leslie_conner Great advice! Building a group of early supporters sounds like a smart move. Thanks for sharing! :)
    Miele brown
    i focused on gathering feedback early by sharing with close friends and colleagues. their advice helped shape the final version before going live
    Priyanka Saini
    @miele_brown Great approach! Gathering feedback from close friends and colleagues is such a valuable way to refine your product before launch. Thanks for sharing your strategy! :)
    Zaid
    Engaging with the community as much as I can
    Priyanka Saini
    @zaidbren True!! this works I know. :)
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    It was a lot of observation โ€“ scanning successful launches of other companies, scanning top-notched guys on the platform, and even things that were not totally related to the Product Hunt โ€“ psychology :)
    Priyanka Saini
    @busmark_w_nika Thatโ€™s such a great approach Nika! Observing successful launches and understanding the psychology behind it all sounds really insightful. Thanks for sharing โ€“ Iโ€™m sure that mindset makes a big difference! :)
    Angela Ni
    Actively engage in communities like here in product hunt and for us, LinkedIn. It's becoming so easy to mutualizing support as you connect to more PHers and launchers.
    Priyanka Saini
    @angela_ni2 Thanks for sharing! Thatโ€™s a great point. Engaging with the community really helps build support and makes a big difference. :)
    Jamin Onuegbu
    Loved this question as I would be launching in few weeks and I the comments here were super helpful
    Priyanka Saini
    @jamin_onuegbu Thanks!! Hope you find the insights from this discussion helpful for your upcoming launch! Best wishes, and let me know when you launch. :)
    A Momin
    I'm launching soon and reading all of your comments were informative.
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    @vocabularyexpertapp Hello! I am also launching soon. Let's support each other. :)
    Han Kim
    Launching soon!
    Thanks for starting this discussion! Seems like a lot of folks worked with influencers before their launch. Will take that into consideration for our launch as well.
    Priyanka Saini
    @the_han_kim You're welcome! Happy to start this discussion so people can make the most of it and have a successful launch. :)