What is your workload during the summer "holidays"?

I know many startup founders work so hard to get where they want but summer usually is the time when many people "slow down" to enjoy warm weather and the whole economy seems to be in decline. πŸ“‰ Do you work at the same pace as usual? Or do you have less work to do? I want to know your approach to this because I used to have a hard time (depressive mood) due to that change when everything slowed down. πŸ˜€

Replies

Nsikan Dickson
I work hard so that I can get where I want to and I always want to always discuss with you about a good business. I am ready to work with you 24 hour. πŸ€πŸ“ˆ
Christoph Dyllick-Brenzinger
Hard work require break from time to time. This is something I had to learn the hard way.
Business Marketing with Nika
@christoph_dyllick_brenzinger1 And how the process of taking breaks is going? :D
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
Burnout, depression, overwork, working too hard. These terms doesn't exist. The root cause is lack of purpose. If there is purpose, then what remains is only. How can I do more, faster, better. Summer is a great time to leap ahead and beat the normies 😸
@sentry_co I do not completely agree with the statement as it is not applicable to all. But I take it.
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
@busmark_w_nika yes, it sounds harsh. But if you look at root cause, and break things down. It's pretty much how it is. Sure there are always exceptions to the rule, but given the same starting parameters, purpose is always the πŸ”‘ to πŸ• or πŸ”...😏
Hitha Boorla
@sentry_co Any tips on how you find this core purpose?
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
@hitha_boorla Work on something meaningful. Or join other people working on meaningful things. What are some meaningful things? Saving the planet. Building sustainable businesses. Building a better society. and many other things.
Haris Morris
Summer can be a double-edged sword! While there might be a natural lull in some external factors, it's actually a prime time for founders to focus on internal growth. We use this time to strategize new features, refine marketing campaigns, and get ahead on development before the fall rush! So, it's busy in a different way, but still exciting.
@haris_morris Haris, you are right. It depends on what position you are in (founder, employee, freelancer, solopreneur) but agree with the internal growth aspect. I use summers for new activities (aka new skills to learn) :)
john milton
My case is totally different. We have launched another product called Frazem and we are working on the weekends as well :(
@john_milton8 understandable. When you want to make it you need to push it. Wish you good luck, John. Hope that your and your's team effort will pay off! :)
Clayton Walker
@john_milton8 Same here, I moved to a beautiful spot at the beach a few years ago which was great at first. Now Respired.io takes up all of my time lol. I’m enjoying it though, it doesn’t last like this forever :)
Julia Watson
Just go to my secret place and get lost to my dreams. It sound funny but when you actually try it feels amazing.
Milli Sen
Summer is the season for great music. Work can be stressful but not with some good summer vibe music.
Kostya Bolshukhin
I have a simple solution β€” I moved to Buenos Aires. It's winter here since June 21st, so it's not exactly summer vacation vibes. (and in Jan i start thinking in my customers time zone, so my mind is not in the summer mode as well)
@kostyabolsh Winter? :D How many degrees? (C or F) :D I always wanted to be in a hot/subtropical zone because then I have a better mood (due to the sun). I sooner get up and am more productive. Unfortunately, my country is not like that :D
Kostya Bolshukhin
@busmark_w_nika it's funny, but here 10-15 C feels brutal! Because apartments don't use central heating, people don't buy really warm clothes, and also after 9 months of 25+ cold is brutal ahah. (But yeah it's nice)
@kostyabolsh like 10 – 15 is too low. We had today 32 :D but it seems that there will be a storm. β›ˆοΈβ›ˆοΈ Which is an ideal weather for working :)
Ali Asad Ullah
No matter how busy I am, I always take a trip during the summer. These trips are very important to me and help me stay balanced and refreshed. My summers are incomplete without these adventures.
My3 Murthy
I have always had the same pace- but more mindful of spending time outdoors since we don't get a lot of summer. Its scarce
@my3_murthy I totally understand it. For us, in Slovakia, it is a miracle to have sunny days there :D so getting that Vitamin D to be more energised for further work. 😎
M Sulaiman
Hey Nika, Great question! Summer definitely brings a different vibe to the workplace. In my experience, the workload can vary depending on the industry and the specific projects we’re working on. Personally, I try to maintain a consistent pace throughout the year. However, I also take advantage of the slower summer months to focus on long-term projects and strategic planning that often get sidelined during busier times. This can be a great opportunity to innovate and prepare for the busier seasons ahead. It's important to acknowledge the impact of seasonal changes on mental health. When things slow down, it can sometimes lead to feelings of unease or a dip in motivation. I've found that setting smaller, achievable goals and making time for self-care helps maintain a positive mindset during these periods. How do you usually cope with the slower summer months? Any tips you’d like to share?
Ali Haider Khan
seo and playing criecket
Prem Saini
I don't think there is something named as summer holidays for me anymore :) As a founder, every day is a new hustle. I managed to get away for a 4 day trip, but now I'm back and enjoying the monsoon weather in India while i work!
What countries do you plan to visit? :) @prem_saini1
Geralt Edison
Sometimes we need a break. That's why I am planning a trip
Lakshmanan Raman
Well if there's something that needs to be sorted I work. Otherwise spend time with the books. Also, I am in India so it's kind of summer all the time πŸ˜‚
@laxman_karthik how many degrees do you have in India rn? :D I mean the location you are based in :D
Lakshmanan Raman
@busmark_w_nika I am based out of Chennai (Nick named the SaaS capital of India) and let's just say it's winter if the temperature is below 28*C πŸ˜‚
@laxman_karthik WTF? :D We have now summer and barely 28 :D ok, now 24 :DDD what are hot days like in your summer? :D
Gurkaran Singh
Ah, summer "holidays" for startup founders - when the pace slows down like a turtle in a marathon! 🐒 Personally, I make time to recharge and catch up on beach reads, but the tech world never sleeps - so a balance it is!