What is your way to prevent burnout?

Mayank Gupta
6 replies
Working for long hours can be really challenging considering WFH and the covid negativity around us. What is your way of keeping yourself from burning out?

Replies

RASHI JAIN
Taking out time for a walk either in the morning or evening, listening to the melodies of the nature, birds chirping and just spending time with self. Also, doing some art helps a lot to release stress and gain positivity.
Mayank Gupta
@thunderbird27 reading that decreased my stress. Imagining doing it next time.
RASHI JAIN
@mayank_gupta11 Yes reading is also a stressbuster and also can distract you, make you travel in another world which really helps :)
Somnath Sandeep
@mayank_gupta11 I think taking ample amount if breaks, and making sure your schedule is balanced is essential to prevent burnout. I try to do following things: 1) Avoid looking at my phone, or any digital medium for the 1st 1 hour after I wake up 2) Practice mindfulness not just as a meditation session, but taking out moments throughout the day to feel my sense, and internal state of mind 3) Read a book in the morning - this really helps maintain a balanced state of mind 4) Listen to music. It often happens that days when I feel the most low are prolly the days when I didn't explore, or listen to my favorite music 5) Talking to people - "Happiness is really only when shared". Often times, just interacting with people alone makes me feel much better
Mayank Gupta
@somnathsandeep I do most of them. But need to start following point 1, the first thing I do after waking up is check my notifications.
Somnath Sandeep
@mayank_gupta11 hahahah that happens to me too, even now. we're all imperfect, and as long as we're aware of our behaviors and have an intent to transform, that's great. even i'm still trying to be more disciplined with all these points. i fail often!