What is your primary reason for launching on PH?

Royce Branning
11 replies
I hear a lot of founders say PH launch is mostly about rallying their team around hitting a deadline. A few years ago this seemed to be the place to launch and get early cohort of users, but it seems to now have different primary purposes.

Replies

Maxim Melnik
For our situation, we have multiple reasons for using PH. 1. PH contains our target audience so this is an ideal place to potentially gain some traction. 2. From the perspective of using PH in general as a launch platform, it's used by a lot of people covering all sorts of industries. So it has some form of credibility. 3. The active community. People give great feedback to one another and this is important for us when we officially launch.
I’m launching to get more visibility and a PR play. However, being here has made me appreciate the community and after launching I’m going to continue supporting and encouraging others here. How about you Royce?
Royce Branning
@slimmy82 I had the same experience. I think visibility and PR are still very strong reasons to launch. We saw a cool rally of support around our launch mostly from our active community and on socials. Creates a "moment" for people.
@royce_branning1 nice! Did you get the number of users you expected?
Flora Diep
To be honest, Product Hunt is not a guarantee of my product’s success, nor a diagnosis of its failure. It’s really just a practice run with a potential bonus – a chance to test out a product launch. I'm launching to get lots of attention on PH which can bring high amounts of traffic, new leads, and more sales and reviews in the future.
Yannick
I suggest adding one more option to your poll: 'Be visible [ to other makers ].' It's the primary reason I launch on Product Hunt.
Royce Branning
@kelly_b_menchaca doesn't look like I can add options via edit. what would you add?