What is your go-to tool for screen recording?

Atharva Joshi
19 replies

Replies

Rohit Kumar Pallanti
Bandicam is the best tool for HD screen recording.
Atharva Joshi
@rohit_kumar_pallanti Have you tried creating gifs with it? If yes, can you tell me the gif quality of the end result?
Rohit Kumar Pallanti
Yes you can convert the mp4 to gif using Xconvert which give very good output with minimal quality loss@atharva_joshi1
Dev
I use loom for easy recording and sharing
Atharva Joshi
@devendra_singh_shekhawat have you ever tried to convert the recordings into the gif? If yes, how was the quality ? I am looking out to for a tool that would not compress the video quality to a higher extent when converted to a gif. If you know of any tool that helps in the same, please do let me know.
I prefer recording with Camtasia as I also use that for video editing! Looking at Gif's we also struggle to make them a smaller size - a few tips we use: First, compress the mp4 using a tool like HandBrake, then use EZgif to optimize. The quality does decrease a bit but right now that is our best solution! I'll watch this page to see if anyone else has suggestions!
Ricardo Gonzalez
I suppose it depends on what you want to achieve with the screen recorder. Personally, I like Loom . It creates a link to share your video right after. I've created tutorials for clients on how to do certain tasks and send them the video via email or text. Give it a try, and see if it fits your needs.
Atharva Joshi
@rickymed We, too want to use it for a purpose similar to yours, therefore i will certainly try out loom.
Anjali Barnwal
Zing by trainn is the best tool.
Ruth Rivera
I basically use loom for recording and sharing when we have our meetings.
Pradeep Kumar M
I use Vmaker screen recorder to record and create screen and webcam recording videos.