• Subscribe
  • What is your approach to setting and achieving long-term goals?

Ernest Wolfe
    15 replies

Replies

James Alexander
    My approach to setting long-term goals involves breaking them down into smaller, actionable steps. I set clear milestones, regularly track progress, and adjust as needed while staying focused on the bigger picture. Consistency and adaptability are key to achieving them.
    John Davis
    I set long-term goals by clearly defining the outcome I want, then creating a roadmap with milestones. I stay adaptable, reassessing progress regularly, and celebrating small wins along the way to maintain momentum toward the bigger goal.
    Anna Sulejewska
    I love having the long-term goals that are always out there in the horizon. But to achieve them I need to first create some steps that become my daily short-term goals. While I achieve them I feel motivated because I don't stand still, but rather constantly improve. There are lots of cool goal setting techniques, I personally like need/want matrix a lot. I also tried using ChatGPT to help me with goal setting and sort of made it my mentor: https://productiveimpact.com/p/m...
    Madelyn Wright
    I stay flexible, adjusting plans as needed, and maintain focus on the end goal while celebrating small victories along the way.
    Mukhtar Mohamoud
    Objective key results ! Although originally designed for team performance management, it’s a fantastic tool to use for your personal or business planning! Highly recommend watching the ted talk by John Doerr on the topic for anyone interested.
    Olivia Johnston
    I set long-term goals by defining clear, actionable steps and tracking progress regularly.
    Tyler Wright
    I break down long-term goals into smaller, actionable steps and regularly track progress. Adjusting as needed ensures flexibility, while celebrating small wins keeps motivation high.
    murph
    I will echo what others said re: breaking the longer-term strategic goals down into. tactical actions. I'll add though a critical piece for me on the achieving side is re-affirming that "the journey is the goal". If my happiness is only tight to the outcome, then that's one fleeting moment before the next goal comes into view... gotta find presence and fulfillment in the journey imo.
    Arnav Ahuja
    In my opinion, the best thing you can do is to get something done every day. No matter if it's small or big, keeping the streak going is what's most important. Once you start breaking the streak, a negative cycle will follow.
    Kady ouilina
    I like to start by breaking down my long-term goals into smaller, more manageable steps.
    Juhi Desai
    By taking each day at a time. I mean the planning of your path can be done up to an extent but uncertain problems might occur so you have to be ready to solve them. Mainly you can plan small goals first and let them make you achieve towards long term goal.
    I establish specific milestones along the way. Tracking progress with these smaller goals keeps me on track and makes the big goal seem less overwhelming.
    Quico Benford
    I review my goals regularly to assess my progress and make adjustments as needed. This helps me stay focused and adapt to any changes.
    Milli Sen
    Identifying the most critical areas in my life - Health, wealth, career, relationships Planning - Setting and planning 12 week/ quarterly mini milestones System - Building habits and routines to achieve them with weekly/monthly audits
    Tiger L
    AIPhone.AI
    AIPhone.AI
    I break long-term goals into smaller, manageable milestones. It makes large objectives feel less overwhelming and allows me to track progress more effectively :)