What is the most impressive software you've seen?

Sia
12 replies
Mine is Google Maps. The realtime updates, the database consistency, the magnitude of the data. At any given point, Google Maps is running several process in the background to identify the best route, obstacles on the route, time of day (to switch the screen between day and night mode), where you are on the road, etc. It does this for a billion user base while running smooth on both Android and iOS makes it the most impressive software I've ever seen. What is yours? Also, note that ChatGPT isn't on this list as while mathematically complex, it doesn't touch hard computer science problems to solve, it essentially leaves the CAP-theorem class of problems by having a cut-off date for when it last received data.

Replies

Lawrence Cox
The most impressive software I've seen recently is Notion, due to its powerful integration of task management, note-taking, collaboration, and customization, which positions it well against competitors like Evernote and Trello.
Sia
@lcox1988_ Damn, it seems I can't change the poll after creating it. Notion. Someone also mentioned Docker privately.
Daniel Zaitzow
@siavoshzarrasvand @louis_garnier I just jumped on - feels very similar to larger players in the pace but they have a free model for 1 person teams!
Olivier C么t茅
Google map made me think of Strava. For his consistant design and easy of use. While being a social media and sort of google map, you can see the most popular exercice routes for every sports, as well a who's performing the best for those routes.
Ahmer Saud
Google maps changed alot.
Pavel Kukhnavets
Let me share my impressions of GanttPRO - a professional Gantt chart maker that helps my team and me to plan, control, and manage projects of different complexity. This impressive project management software includes features for breaking down projects in an efficient manner into subtasks, sibling tasks, and subprojects, as well as setting dependencies and milestones. To get more visibility, users can choose between the Gantt chart, Board views, and task dashboards. Highly recommended.