What is the main social media channel you would use for your business?

Annika Puura
10 replies
For anyone starting or growing their businesses, what is the main social channel you would use to get the best results for your company? Or what channel has already given you the best results i.e sales or subscribers. I'm not referring to paid ads in this poll but organic reach by posting, engaging, etc. If you select "depends on the industry" I would love to hear your opinions in detail!

Replies

Reshma S
I think its be LinkedIn
Philip Snyder
Short Form Content - any platform
Matthew Conlon
Depends on the industry but any sort of technical audience, I'd say Twitter, particularly for reaching devs, though increasingly seeing more activity on LinkedIn and increasing number of tutorials on Youtube. For reaching marketers and sales audiences, LinkedIn #1 by a fair bit trailed by Twitter.
Richard Gao
@matthewconlon I think sites similar to product hunt that have more of a programmer base like indiehackers and hackernews are also pretty good social media channels despite not being one of the main ones most people use.
Matthew Conlon
@richard_gao2 Absolutely, I should have clarified I was responding within the listed options but absolutely all 3 that you mentioned are staples for that audience.
Annika Puura
@richard_gao2 @matthewconlon Yep, it's interesting to see how different audiences choose totally different channels to communicate. Sounds like the depth of content also matters. Developers seek specific technical content that adds value rather than short form which can be superficial at times.
Richard Gao
Depends on the industry, I use reddit mostly. Leaving comments to my discord server and DMing people for connections and interest in my product are all pretty easy to do on there, and when I release I plan to post to a few subreddits as well.