What is the hardest part of launching a product? 🚀

Rishi Thomas
15 replies
Team EthSign - https://www.ethsign.xyz/ has a product launch coming up soon and we were talking about the hurdles that we experience in launching successful products. The main point I think that everyone shared was solving for the right distribution channels, and what it takes to identify + nurture those channels. So, what were some of the challenges that came up in your product launch journey?

Replies

John Cox
Marketing is always the hardest thing!
Josh B.
Are you talking about launching your product on PH specifically?
Shajedul Karim
hey there, mate launching's an intricate dance. been there, felt the tremors. 1. clarity is elusive. knowing your 'why' solidifies the 'how'. 2. it's not just building; it's tuning into the silent feedback, the pauses. 3. every channel resonates differently. not about volume, but the symphony. 4. distribution channels? they're like rivers. know where they lead before diving in. 5. often, nurturing a channel is more art than science. patience paints that picture. 6. and ah, the unexpected hitches. they teach. they refine. 7. but here's the thing: every challenge is a conversation. with the market, with the self. 8. in the midst, remember to breathe. pause. recalibrate. every launch writes a chapter. cherish every line, every plot twist. keep sailing, Karim.
John Cox
Also, ensuring cashflow is there to support the business in it's early stages
Weiru (Launching Vizard now)💜
when you say launch - do you mean launching in general or launching or PH? The struggles are different haha! BTW we just launched Vizard (an AI video editor & generator) on Product Hunt - would love for you to check us out!
Rishi Thomas
@weiruye got this question before as well. I think launching a product in general, but would also love to get your thoughts regarding launching on Product Hunt. Just upvoted Vizard, it's a really cool idea, and definitely something that I have struggled with before, so will definitely try and get my team to use it!
Dmitriy Pegov
Preparation 😅
Rishi Thomas
@dmitriy_pegov Thanks for the comment! When you say preparation, what was the first thing that came to mind? What was especially painful that you had to prepare for?
Abhinay kumar
Gaining enough traction for the PH launch (atleast that's what we have are facing currently). We have our launch for SayData on 17th Aug. Would appreciate your support on this. Please follow the product to get notified on launch day. This would really help us do a successful launch. Would appreciate your reviews and support on our product on the launch day!
Suchai
As a software developer, I've found it challenging to shift my mindset away from focusing on scalability, coding best practices, and striving for perfection, especially during the early stages of launching a product. It's easy to get caught up in trying to make everything flawless, but as someone once wisely said, 'If you're not slightly embarrassed by your product at launch, you've probably waited too long.' This sentiment reminds me that the initial launch is about getting something out there, gathering feedback, and iterating rapidly. Embracing this concept has been one of the most difficult yet valuable lessons I've learned in the product launch journey.
Ava Clark
It's all about Marketing.