• Subscribe
  • What is the best way to promote an app

Chris Doe
    7 replies
    I wrote a small app for myself personally and got good feedback and thought I'd make it app store ready, but somehow I have no downloads and users. However, no one knows the app and find it. What is the best way to start without doing the big marketing campaign, which is not my skill as a developer?

Replies

Jay and Lucy
    Tell us what the app is here! I feel like there's 2 ways to get eyes on your app, talk about it from the perspective of a creator and share on social media platforms like Twitter, Reddit, Indie Hackers or group chats for other entrepreneurs. Or you can identify your target user and try to authentically engage with them through social media or cold reaching out to them. Regardless, the biggest thing is to start talking about it.
    Jay and Lucy
    @chris_doe78 You can just post a link to your app for now! But I checked it out, very cool. I was looking for an app like this for a friend who was traveling to another country for business. Ended up going with Microsoft's translator app. If I were you, I would work on app store search optimization so your app comes up higher in the search and separating yourself from competitors by targeting a certain type of person/use case.
    Chris Doe
    @ctrl_alt_launch My app is not here yet. Not sure how the process works here yet. I guess I have to wait a week first? I have a link in my bio
    Chris Doe
    @https://www.producthunt.com/post... I did it, but I can't find it here, only over my profil.
    Navin Peiris
    I would recommend going on Twitter and promoting it there. It’s a great way for people to get to know more about you and your product, and can be a great way to get feedback and ideas on how to improve your app. Have a look at communities like #buildinpublic, #indiehacker etc if you haven’t already.
    Chris Doe
    @navinpeiris thanks for the reply. i took your advice. i didn't have a big twitter following but asked for feedback about the app via the hastags.
    Ghazal Dewar
    Word of mouth and social media. Anything video form seems to gain traction.