What is the best way to find the right cofounders?

Ricardo Marinho
6 replies

Replies

Pawel
I suggest starting with friends and people you have worked with. You can also look on discussion groups. In my opinion, however, there is no perfect and best solution. Co-founder is a bit like marriage, there is no perfect method, but it is probably there somewhere! ;)
Ricardo Marinho
@pawelszafa Thanks for the tip. I've had projects with friends and in fact they didn't go well and I understood why. Most friends join the project because they like us but they may not like the project that much. And it's not because they're friends that they're going to work in a business. There are people who are good for going to the cinema, dinner, or to have a few drinks and fun, but that doesn't mean they are people to create a business. I prefer someone that I don't know so well but with the skills and desire to make a project grow. It's risky? IT IS. But create business with friends or family too.
Pawel
@ricardo_marinho_goncalves 100% agreed! There is no golden rule for that, a lot of stuff have to work in the same time to find perfect match. Good luck to all who are looking! ;)
Launching soon!
If you have an existing network to search for co-founders, that's a great place to start, or you can try Y Combinator's Co-Founder Matching tool. https://www.startupschool.org/co...
Diego De la Vega
Entrepreneurs can meet co-founders in person by going to networking events and connecting with like-minded individuals.