What is the best way to build a community around your product?

Relja Denic
18 replies

Replies

sumit sharma
Incentives are must for building a community, Apart from the core value, one should attract people via creative incentives.
Juan Manuel Dato
The very fist step is to determine what is expected as a product, how it is builded or the idea of community. Unamuno is a Spanish philosopher who wrote "Niebla", an existentialist novel that explores the theme of identity. The protagonist, Augusto Pérez, is a wealthy young man with a law degree who is dissatisfied with his life. He falls in love with Eugenia, a married woman, but his love is impossible. Augusto constantly questions the meaning of his life. Who is he? What does it mean to be an individual? What is reality? In his search for answers, Augusto visits Miguel de Unamuno, the author of the novel. Unamuno reveals to Augusto that he is a fictional character, and that he, Unamuno, has the power to decide his fate. What I want to say is that we need a more technical question to answer under a rational way something so abstract that will be more defined with the time.
Debajit Sarkar
The first thing that you need to do is identify your target audience and their needs, interests, and pain points. This will help you create a value proposition that resonates with them and attracts them to your product and community. The next step is encourage user generated content and feedback because this will make your audience feel valued and heard, and foster a sense of ownership and belonging.
Olena Bomko
Different ways. A couple of ideas: - around a person (leader), - around different templates and a marketplace (like Notion), - events (podcasts, webinars, or in-person), - learning platform or courses, - private groups. If you have the recourses, can do everything above.
Eugenia Bud
Have you considered using social media platforms to build a community around your product? Platforms like Facebook Groups or Slack can be great for fostering engagement and connecting with your audience. You could also try hosting webinars or virtual events to bring people together and provide value. What strategies have you already tried?
Judith Amarachi 💙
There are so many routes to that, but I prefer these: ➙ Be excited about your product ➙ Talk about it in every slight opportunity you have ➙ Tell people about the benefits ➙ Get others to share your goodnews ➙ Use anticipation and gratifications
Wyatt Feaster
I wonder about this as well. My approach is just engaging a little bit single day in communities without asking for anything in return but rather trying to provide value. But in the right areas.
Jake Harrison
My product is helping indie hackers automate their submissions to different directories. So the community members are all indie hackers or SMBs, it is great to gather these people and talk with them, get inspirations from them!
Dave-Anthony Smith
Identify customers who display the potential to be brand advocates from early on. Interact and engage with them, form partnerships and give them incentives to help spread the word. Rinse and repeat. Community building stems from being able to identify engagement cues and fueling that fire, and it starts with your satisfied repeat customers. Most people aren't open to joining a community pre-purchase or after just a single buy.
Connor
Find similar developers - that’s why I launched the largest server for extension developers at discord.gg/VJSGsPU8 Now I have a community growing that I can interact with and launch ideas to and foster growth
AmazingSylvia
I think is PLG, aka product lead growth, I am saying this way because if your product can make PLG happen means it can fix a group of people‘s needs.After you get user profiling, you can go to specific channels to advertise to find them. And the key is altruism, make sure your product can really help them fix their needs
Wendy A. Clayton
Encourage engagement by creating a space where customers can interact with each other and with your brand. This could be through social media, forums, or events.
Ina Ross
You must first determine who your target market is and what their requirements, interests, and problems are. This will enable you to develop a value proposition that appeals to them and draws them to your community and product.
Be active on multiple social media where your target audience prevails, offer help to your community members, post useful materials, engage regularly:)
1) Define your target audience and goals for your community. 2) Hang around in places where your audience will be. Could be Sub-reddits, Twitter, etc. 3) Be a part of discussions. Share your thoughts and provide value via your content. This way, they learn from you and they get to know you and eventually start trusting you. 4) Once you become a familiar face in your niche, choose a platform like Telegram, Wylo, etc that suits you and your audience and host your community. 5) Engage with your members within your community by sharing exclusive content, letting nice discussions happen, hosting events with guests, etc. 6) Measure your outcomes and double down on things that worked and keep exploring new ideas. Hope this helps! And this ain't AI-generated :) Anyway, all the best for your community!
Austin Nguyen | Afforai
Being honest about what you are creating, good customer service and taking user input into consideration, good communication with your team, and talking with communities like this one.
Tatiana Vdovychenko
Building a community around your product involves three key elements: engage, empower, and evolve. Engage: Interact with your audience regularly. Use social media, forums, or a dedicated platform to foster conversations, address concerns, and share valuable content. Empower: Encourage user-generated content and make your community feel like co-creators. Highlight their success stories and involve them in product decisions. Evolve: Adapt based on feedback. Continuously improve your product and community space to meet your users' evolving needs. Here is a great video about UGC: https://youtu.be/9cjPSIG82ZU