What is the best pre-launch marketing strategy?

amrin
6 replies
I am a first-time maker, currently building my product with a friend. we are building a directory of website templates, currently just Html templates. We will launch our product at the end of September. I am now looking for ways I can create awareness for my product, before launching. Fellow maker: What is the pre-launch marketing strategy you used for your product? What is the best marketing strategy for the digital product in general? would love to hear your thoughts and comments Best Amrin

Replies

Anything where you can collect enough information to directly communicate back is a good start. That's why so many products have landing pages which collect an email address prelaunch. You don't want to just build general awareness, you want to be able to reach back out to the most interested people directly since they are the most likely to convert when you launch.
Bob Shoo
@jesse_ezell @coderamrin adding on to the topic of "Email address", a great email design is powerful if done right. it's one way to create service/product ambassadors even before they've used your product. Have you and your friend started marketing the product in any way yet?
amrin
@jesse_ezell @bobkevin Not yet, we are gonna start soon. currently just focusing on building the project.
Oscar Wehbe
We built a waitlist for our product through PPC ads and videos built for virality but our product is geared towards a mass consumer audience so I'm not sure if that would be the best foot forward for yourself. Your addressable market is considerably niche so it's possible that PPC ads would have decent effect but I'm not sure what budget constraints you may have.
amrin
@oscar_wehbe will look into that Oscar. currently I not planning to spend money on ads. planning to do some kind of giveaway campaign and Twitter space to get the wheel rolling.