• Subscribe
  • What is one piece of advice you'd give to someone working at a startup for the first time?

Owen Fay
    12 replies
    Startups are exciting and young professionals are becoming more interested in working for them than large corporations. What would your advice be for someone just getting into the startup world?

Replies

Siena Romes
    Working at a startup is not easy. Sometimes, it will be good enough, most times, it will fail.
    Leyla Aliyeva
    My advice: Surround yourself with smart, curious and optimistic people, dream big and work hard.
    Roberto Morais
    I am going cheat and give two: - Always know to who, where (distribution channel) and how you are going to sell your product from the beginning and start working on it. Doesn't wait to the product to be finished or almost finished. - If you have partners try to be fair with equity (fair is not necessarily equal) and always have a very clear agreement on how to break up if needed. It's a lot better to do that really early.
    Gurpinder Singh
    Never hesitate to wear multiple hats when you are working at a startup. That's how you will learn different things and grow.
    Kongcheng QAQ
    doing more somethings will learn more somethingsXD
    Umar Saleem
    When you start a company, there are many steps and considerations to take into account. But at the end of the day, it's up to you and your community as to how things will turn out.
    Andrew Howe
    your first year in business plays a huge role in its success β€” but at the same time, it’s not always the make-or-break factor. Use your community as a sounding board for your ideas, and your judgment and hard work to build a business you can be proud of.
    Denis Pimenov
    I would advise new hires to be patient. Because at first it will be very difficult. But a startup is a great "school", after passing which they will become much stronger in their field of activity.
    Brenna Donoghue
    Approach it as an opportunity to learn a ton - this isn't about going in and needing to know all the answers. Instead find lots of ways to experiment, learn and seek feedback. A startup can be the highest growth period of your career if you let it!
    among us
    Thanks for the inspirational post. It inspired me. Helped me a lot! redactle