What inspired you to build your product?

Judith Amarachi 💙
10 replies

Replies

Moritz Tomasi
One of our clients needed a lot of custom emails for their product. Coding emails can be extremely tedious and the whole time we wished that were was something like TailwindUI, where we could copy the code from and make it our own, just for emails. So, that's what we made: Mailbites. With Mailbites you get a large collection of email components, sections, layouts and templates, made with MJML. Were currently working on version 2, which will include support for react-email made by resendlabs, and we'll be launching again in September. (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...)
Judith Amarachi 💙
That's a great one there @moritztomasi. It makes so much sense when you build a product around a problem you've encountered before. Can the platform be used by anyone or specific people?
Moritz Tomasi
@judith_amarachi_ Thanks Judith! Right now it's more targeted at devs, but we have some stuff in the backlog that will open it up to more people.
Andrew Cook
I do a lot of writing for clients, and have been in SEO content writing for a long time. What's inspired me to build my product is the amount of money that people spend on creating those fancy briefs/article outlines. I see competitors selling briefs for $5-10 each, which is pretty absurd when you want to post daily SEO authority content. If you're a writer, then your clients likely aren't paying you enough to care to buy those briefs yourself. A simple 2,000 word article, assuming you're paying your writer $0.04/word is costing you $80, tack on the brief, that's an additional $10/article, or a 12.5% increase in price. That extra money is usually worth it, it creates better quality content, but for people that don't have a lot of money, that extra $300/month isn't easy to give up. Paying for literally any of the tools on the market right now, you're paying at minimum $360/year for daily content, and probably looking at a few thousand over the course of 5 years. For the higher-end, you're paying well over $12,000 over the course of a few years, and you don't even get unlimited access to the tool. And, the worst part IMHO, is that they are using YOUR data and selling it to other people. So, I aimed to solve that problem by creating a native app that has all the features of those content editors, except the users get to own the data that they are producing, and get unlimited uses out of it. Using efficient NLP algorithms, it surprisingly came out to only 50mb, and the quality of the keywords and outline suggestions is on par with some of the more well-known SaaS SEO tools. Do you get access to big data? No, but you don't need big data to produce quality content. Plus, if it did use big data, I'd be collecting your data too and selling that. Which isn't cool. Does it use AI to get the data? Absolutely not. AI is not efficient at all. It's a buzzword right now and an excuse to write worse code IMHO. If you can produce similar outputs without the use of AI/LLMs, then it's an obvious inefficiency to run the code through 50 million computations on power hungry GPUs. Oh, and most of the competitors don't even give you a dark mode. Gross. Default theme in my program is dark, with options to change literally any color in the program except the progress bar and keyword buttons. If you want a white on white theme, you're more than welcome to make it.
Andrew Cook
@judith_amarachi_ There's a lot more info about it on my website, but the jist of it is that it does what most online SaaS SEO Content Editors do (pulls top 10 SERPs, gets the keywords, recommends which ones to use), has a page to analyze the results, a page to do a site audit, and in the site audit you can also download a .csv for the Internal Link Juicer plugin in WordPress (if you have a WordPress site) and your internal linking will basically be done. There's a keyword generator that's much faster than any web based keyword generator (~1000 keywords in <5 seconds). There's also integration with OpenAI API (put your key in), PixaBay API, and WordPress API so that you can post the content from Back SEO to WordPress, with a custom Featured Image (edited Pixabay image)
Igor Lysenko
Solving the problem I had
Judith Amarachi 💙
That's spot on @ixord What problem could that be?