What has been your biggest mistake in marketing your product so far?

Eugenia Bud
9 replies
As a startup marketer, I have tried to promote our products in many ways. And many ways failed. But some worked and turned into a steady revenue channel! What definitely failed so far: guerilla marketing. What is definitely working: listings on marketplaces like AppSumo. How about you?

Replies

Michael
Not accurately describing what my product fully offers. Early on I've sold my product short of what it is.
Mark Curz
Not measuring my results. I didn't know what was working and what wasn't. I needed to track my marketing efforts so I could see what was driving results and make necessary adjustments.
Paul Richardson
Listing on AppSumo - they are very unprofessional. It took ages to get onboarded, they didn't list us on the homepage or in emails and they removed our listing with no notice (as they did with many other people on the same day).
Rohan Pathak
I don't like saying this but some founders really need to read Traction. That's the bare minimum you should read as a founder to get a basic idea on marketing I'll guarantee you'll avoid 10s of mistakes if you read 100 pages on that book!