• Subscribe
  • What frustrates you the most with personal branding?

Steve Lou
    8 replies

Replies

Wyatt Feaster
    How many times the personal brand changes. I feel like any time I do personal branding I usually end up changing every couple of years because I get bored with it.
    Wyatt Feaster
    @steve_lourdessamy usually on a portfolio or things of that nature.
    Steve Lou
    @wyatt_feaster interesting! It's definitely a huge investment in time. If you don't mind me asking, where do you mostly build your personal branding?
    James Sukosd
    The two biggest frustrations for me are 1. Authenticity vs. Perception: It's a tough balance between who you are and who you want to be perceived as. They should align but sometimes it feels as I am an imposter. 2. Vulnerability: Actually this should be number 1. Putting yourself out there for people to judge is intimidating. Especially with people in your close network. I just have to keep reminding myself what 50 said "if they hate then let em hate and watch the money pile up"
    Steve Lou
    @james_sukosd I could have written the exact same words for me haha there's also this weird feeling of "other people are doing it already, why should I compete with them, it's too late" that I find hard to fight. But, as you said, "if they hate, then let them hate and watch the money pile up" :)
    Ximena Riquer
    I am never satisfied with the result of my personal branding. The same thing happens to me when I have to cook for myself. There is a very big demand and expectation that I will never meet.
    Steve Lou
    @ximriqtur I totally get that feeling. Somehow, it often fails at expressing who you truly are. Do you have a portfolio or a website where you showcase your personal branding? Or is it mostly through dedicated channels?
    Michael Foster
    The fakeness. So many people build a persona that's all smoke and mirrors.