What does work-life balance look like?

Amelia Charlie
4 replies
Work-life balance is dividing your time and energy between work and the other essential aspects of your life. It means having the flexibility to spend time with family and friends, pursue hobbies and activities, and care for your physical and mental health. It also means having enough time to work and achieve your career goals. What are your thoughts?

Replies

Keith Hernandez
Work-life balance, in my opinion, looks like a harmonious blend where professional endeavors fuel personal growth and satisfaction, while personal life provides refreshment and motivation to excel in our work, all of this achieved without either sphere encroaching too much upon the other, fostering a sustainable and content lifestyle.
Jason Andries
I think you summed it up pretty well. When I was younger I always thought the first years of your career were to hustle your way to the top and put in a lot of hours to really prove your worth. The older I get, the more I see this isn't the way to get somewhere and it often leads to burnout somewhere along the way. Make sure you have enough time to do your job properly but don't neglect your personal life and make sure the balance is there and you spend enough time on things you're passionate about/you like outside of work. Never forget we work to live, not live to work.
Mujadid Arham
There is no such perfect work-life balance.