• Subscribe
  • What does it mean by 'Hunting' a product?

Sarvpriy Arya
    9 replies
    I still did not get it, can anybody explain what does it really mean by hunting a product?

Replies

Dzmitry Tsemirau
    You find smth interesting or useful, explore it and then promote it to the community. Something like this.
    Chris Dom
    From what I gathered I think it means to hang it on your wall like Joe Rogan.
    Alex von Reiche
    My understanding is that Hunting means a new tool that you've found. Some people Hunt lots of tools that they think are cool and people need to see. Others have developed these tools themselves and want to Hunt it to tell people about it.
    Sarvpriy Arya
    @vreiche does it bring more visibility for the product?
    Shivangi Awasthi
    Nothing. You explored or built and shared with community doing all the listing yourself.
    Aditya Chavan
    Hunting is just another word for distribution. @sarvpriy_arya The idea is most Product Makers create their PH account few days prior to the launch. In that scenario they hardly get any support from PH community on their own. So a hunter introduces this new product to his or her PH community and helps the maker get that initial boost.
    Sarvpriy Arya
    @aditya_chavan3 do they charge for that? How to approach them?
    Iqra Naseem
    "Hunting" for a product typically involves actively searching for, uncovering, or introducing a new product. This term is frequently employed in the startup and technology sectors, notably on platforms such as Product Hunt, where users showcase and discover new products.