What do you wish you knew on the first day of joining PH?

Demetre Mildiani
11 replies
We are are learning new things about PH the more we use it, so what is the thing you would tell yourself the first time you joined this platform?

Replies

Marius Manolachi
I wish I knew that it's not the end of the world if one of your launches goes silent, you have more than one shot, so try to launch before your product is finalised. Remember, producthunt is the place where most of your early adopters are, and they are used to seeing faulty products. You don't have to launch the perfect product here, just make sure it's not total crap either.
Demetre Mildiani
I wish i had known how active this community was i would have been more active from the start!
Igor Rubinovich
@demetre_mildiani1 that to get any results I have to prepare a long time in advance with supporters :) It should be said in huge letters at the landing page.
Lauren Miranda
@demetre_mildiani1 @igorrubinovich I just joined PH and am still unclear on what it means to "gather support" - does that mean gaining followers?
My3 Murthy
I wish I found the discussions & learnt how to do start conversations here sooner. I have made some great connections because of this platform
Launching soon!
I wish I knew how supportive and friendly the community on PH is from day one. It's truly amazing to connect with like-minded individuals, share insights, and learn from each other. The collaborative spirit here is definitely something I would have appreciated knowing about when I first joined. We are building a marketing AI called Contentify AI. It's free and easy to setup. Check out the "Launching soon"
Sajin S
I really wish I had been more active in PH especially in the community. Lot of great products and makers bring in tools that help me in many ways.
Eric_Jin
If you want to promote your product on Product Hunt, start preparing materials and interacting with the community a month in advance. Remember our first product launched two years ago and we didn’t make many preparations but still got more traffic than other platforms. Our new product will be launched next week. This time, we’ve made more preparations than last time, hoping to gain more support and feedback.