• Subscribe
  • What do you think about running two startups at once? And how do you split your work time?

Marat Kanashkin
    4 replies
    I had a discussion with one of my friends about running two startups at once. And we are both a little surprised to read the successful stories of launching several startups at the same time. 24 hours a day don't enough for us to build one startup while others are launching three companies at the same time. I'm not ruling out that it's possible. But I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Replies

Richard Gao
    Depends on how big the startups are and what you do in them. 2 blogs/newsletters, influencer accounts? Definitely doable. In fact, it may be optimal to run more than that! 2 manufacturing businesses (giving an extreme example). Probably not. For me, I'm putting all my effort on marketing evoke-app.com (may startup), so it's infeasible starting another one as well
    Murali Gottumukkala
    I think unless until u are of elon musk caliber, it is extremely difficult to run 2 successful startups..
    Kornel Grunwald
    Super hard, @crftvideo. The reason is that you need to pull your A-game all the time. If you have a massive runway... however, you risk every other team working on what you do to take you over.
    Vuk Bajcetic
    In most cases, I assume it would be super hard. Unless you have some good teams that can take the load off you.