πŸš€ What do you think about personal branding? Do you build it?

Olena Bomko
18 replies
I've been building my personal brand on LinkedIn for 3 years. This year, I started using Twitter. And you?

Replies

Kosala Aravinda
Hey @olenabomko Personal branding also known as reputation for centuries, is super important to every single person. Some people will look down on you when you mention personal branding, but when you speak of reputation, everyone agrees. I am a great believer in building personal branding. The only way to do this online is by putting out as much content as possible. When comes to IRL (in real life), it is all about getting out there and meeting people. Some people get disheartened when others don't vibe with them. I say in that case you are at the wrong crowd. You are not with your type of people. I don't think you can be liked by everyone... this is the case with most brands... and that is OK. Cheers Kosala
Anjanay Saxena
I personally think that it is an investment that compounds with time. It's like a public portfolio of your thoughts and opinions and is a great way to build a community if one is to go down the entrepreneurial path or even if they are to apply for better jobs, personal branding solidifies relevance for the recruiter. I've been active this year, but would want to make it more consistent and scalable across platforms. Big fan of how Dan Koe does it.
Gaurav Kumar
Don't know how to build it. I love a guy Peter Tarka, he follows me. He is a 3D artist and has a personal brand. He is mostly known for his 3d art style . I almost have a crush on his work πŸ˜… . He never showed his face in any of his platform. Everyone knows him from his logo and his work .
Gaurav Kumar
@olenabomko Yeah search him on linkedin , insta and dribble . You willl be shocked by his following . He is like like kylie jenner for creatives !
Gaurav Kumar
My favourite are some female creatives , they have huge following and known for their craft . I wish I could be like them 😊 . They are beautifull too !
adam albo
twitter is fun and weird, how is it going for you there?
Gaurav Kumar
I want to make an Lgbtq brand around Lgbtqs. Just don't know how to proceed. I have many lgbtq friends . All are females and transwomen. They may be my first audience!
Its good but I am not aiming to advertise myself, but I'm okay with it coming as a result
Olena Bomko
@andriyuh Do you think personal branding = advertise yourself?
Olena Bomko
@andriyuh Agree! I try don't promote myself. Mostly, I create practical and educational (or funny) content.
Simon Peter Damian
I just don't feel comfortable tweeting for example. But I have been thinking of YouTube as a way to do this. Live a video type resume where I just talk about my experience as an engineer and challenges I have faced in entrepreneurship. What's your approach?
Olena Bomko
@theterminalguy I don't promote myself. Mostly, I create practical and educational (or funny) content.
Judith Amarachi πŸ’™
It's something that has great ROI I'm currently building and connecting on LinkedIn