• Subscribe
  • What do you think about learning a new development language?

Seeing Chen
    13 replies
    eg: nodejs/golang Learn nodejs for the first time or learn nodejs in depth

Replies

Jason Lee
    My first programing language is Java, it was difficult for me to accept the concept of Object-Oriented Programming at first months, so I spent a lot of time practicing. For work needs, I learned some other languages serval years later such as Python, Node.js, Golang, etc, it just keeps getting easier to learn new languages. Each specific language has its own syntax, but there is a lot in common in terms of design thinking, such as Object, Interface, I/O, etc. These basics save a lot of time when learning a new language.
    Seeing Chen
    @jason_lee_3282 Thank you for your answer, then I can think that no matter what development language there are many similarities in thinking, when you figure out these similarities, no matter what language you can learn quickly
    Seeing Chen
    Getting started with nodejs is relatively simple. You can get started by watching the teaching video. For in-depth study, I think you need to know all nodejs apis
    Seeing Chen
    I think getting started with golang is relatively more difficult than nodejs, but when learning a new language, typing code is the most important thing, it doesn’t make any sense to just look at it without doing it
    Shushant Lakhyani
    I think it is more about implementation and practice which matters a lot
    Seeing Chen
    @shushant_lakhyani I agree with you that implementation and practice are really important in learning a new language
    Anne Broadwin
    my first programing language was Delphi... very old school
    Tina Whitfield
    Python of course. Future of all languages.
    Jon Zhang
    Rust is a Challenge
    Seeing Chen
    @jonzhang Rust is too difficult for me, I need to re-learn every time the version is updated, I finally chose to learn go