• Subscribe
  • What do you think about fake Twitter reviews and fake stars on SaaS landing pages?

beni
    15 replies

Replies

Kartar Gurjar
    Authenticity is key in SaaS marketing. I'd rather see a few genuine reviews than a bunch of fake ones.
    NJ Robb
    Launching soon!
    It's a shame, for both the company and the customers. The company thinks it will work, but it won't, and customers will signup with expectations that are not met and then churn. I have even had people reach out for G2 reviews, they wrote the review for me, sent me a title and a day to post. It was very elaborate. They offered to review our product on G2 - we are not on there yet. Naturally I declined.
    Stephen Maden
    It has become much difficult to trust anything today because of these kind of stuff.
    CY Zhou
    Fake reviews and stars can erode trust and damage a brand's credibility in the long run. Authentic feedback is crucial for building genuine customer relationships and ensuring sustainable growth.
    Dailie Mill
    Would definitely stay away from them. You could give a few people a free trial in exchange for a short testimonial/review.
    Giovani Drosda Lima
    I will never use a service or product with fake reviews. This is why I left Turing (remote jobs) after passing in all the tests lol
    Brady Wilfahrt
    Fake reviews undermine the hard work of honest businesses and can skew market competition unfairly.
    Gianuario Lupia
    Search engines are getting better at detecting fake reviews, which can negatively impact your SEO.
    Lorenz Sell
    I always wonder about some of those sites that have a widget showing you "live" sales. And while you're on the site it pops something that says "John in Denver just purchased". It feels so fake. When I see stuff like that it's an instant turn off. When I use a product, one of my most important criteria is integrity. If they don't have integrity in the way they present themselves and try to sell to me, then it's most likely downhill from there.
    Prudens Moulton
    Surely! Some are not fake there are also genuine ones provided by real users who have used the product or service and shared their honest opinions and experiences.
    Yvik Ye
    That would definitely make it even worse. At Xspiral, we never ask people to make fake reviews or give false feedback. We currently have zero stars on most SaaS landing pages/dictionaries. We believe that as long as our product is good, we will naturally receive more genuine reviews and feedback over time.
    Jon
    Most users may not be able to tell whether the reviews are fake or not, and whether the users who review them have actually used the SaaS product, but users are getting smarter and smarter nowadays, and whether the product is good or not can only be answered if they have actually tried it.
    Muhammad G
    Launching soon!
    Fake Twitter reviews and fake stars on SaaS landing pages undermine trust and credibility.
    Abhra Ch.
    Hey @benithemaker! That's such an interesting topic! 😄 Fake reviews and stars can be really misleading 😕. It definitely undermines trust in the product. I'm curious, what measures do you think can be taken to combat this issue? 🤔
    Gurkaran Singh
    Fake Twitter reviews and stars on SaaS landing pages are like using debug print statements as code documentation - misleading and counterproductive. It's all about authenticity in a world full of copy-paste illusions, right?