• Subscribe
  • What do you think about a markdown website builder?

Mehrab
    8 replies
    a very simple, one to three-page website builder, that has a markdown file for each template and you just fill in the content from there, hit the deploy button, and are done. you get your website ready by just editing a markdown file. The idea is nothing new or original, we already have solutions that turn notion pages into websites. but I just thought maybe a markdown interface could be cool and maybe simpler in some cases. What do you think?

Replies

Shajedul Karim
    interesting idea. keeping it simple with one to three pages and just editing markdown files sounds user-friendly. hitting deploy and being done will be super convenient. sure, it's not a brand new concept, but sometimes simplicity wins. a markdown interface could be a neat option for those who find regular builders too complex.
    Romio
    a working video demo? I mean is it usable for non-developers?
    Mehrab
    @romiojoseph The purpose is for non developers I guess
    Neel Patel
    I think you should ask more people :)
    Mehrab
    @neelptl2602 Well, I dont have reach audience, but if I wanna do it, I'm just going to do it for fun.
    André J
    Isn't notion markdown? I use markdown for my websites in Jekyll. TBH most of it is liquid expands in the end. But the blog section is all markdown. There is a presentation maker that is really good, that uses an advanced flavour of markdown. Cant recall the name. Ping me later and I might have remembered.
    website builder
    Considering a markdown website builder ? Vzy brings more than design—it fortifies your site with SSL, boosts speed with CDN, and secures reliable hosting on AWS & Google Cloud. Plus, manage contacts, track growth, and ensure privacy while easily exporting your site if needed.