• Subscribe
  • What do you pay attention to when you give a product an upvote?

Alex Egorov
    14 replies

Replies

Ruslan.D
    simply if it resonated with me or if it related to my followers/followings )
    Bibhash Dash
    For me it depends on the product itself of course but also on whether the maker etc have outlined key features in the description. The elevator pitch is a necessary evil.
    Michael Cyger
    For me, it's about the future not about the present. I definitely upvote cool products that either wow me or provide tangible benefit to my daily activities. But I put my votes behind what something could be. I like to bet on other indie devs and hope that my upvote will provide enthusiasm and a little support to keep going on their journey.
    Julia Doronina
    1. They have a great visualisation 2. The product is interesting
    Gilbert Anka
    How practical is the product? Does it solve a real problem or improve an existing process?
    Markk Tong
    When giving a product an upvote, I pay attention to several key factors. First and foremost, I look for innovation and uniqueness. Is the product offering something new and exciting, or is it just another version of something that already exists? I also consider the user experience - is the product well-designed and user-friendly? Additionally, I take into account the potential impact and value the product brings to its users. Does it solve a problem or make life easier in some way? Lastly, I consider the team behind the product - their expertise, passion, and commitment to delivering a top-notch product. These are all important aspects that influence my decision to give a product an upvote.
    Marco Moauro
    I think about whether the product solves a pain I live and what I "gain" if I paid for the tool
    Igor Lysenko
    I pay attention to the description and screenshots; if there is a video, it’s absolutely wonderful.
    Peter Puhov
    I'm new to Product Hunt. I see my upvote as a way to show support. I only give one or two upvotes a day. I upvote products that could be useful to me. I also look for products with a good demo or free trial to understand what they offer. If I find a product really useful and like it, I'll write a review about what I liked. If the product is on the App Store and I like it, I'll also give it 5 stars there. Sorry for using "if" so much.
    Vivek Sharma
    I generally pay attention to the features of the product but I also keep in mind to support my fellow connections, because often support can turn around somebody's creation ✌️
    Ramakaiev Rustam
    product innovation team marketing
    Prakhar Tandon
    My focus is on the future of the product, and how it will perform in future. I enthusiastically support innovative products that impress me or offer practical advantages in my daily routines.
    André J
    That it does something new. And that its funky!
    Roland Marlow
    Mostly, I look for something that I would use, even if it's not right now, it has to be relevant to my life. I also give an upvote for friends or things that are really cool even if it's something that I will never use.