What do you do when multiple people message you on LinkedIn to Vote up a product on ProductHunt?

Cyril Gupta
26 replies
So this happened to me. A product creator wants to make their product the product of the month. So they are messaging me from many IDs to vote up their product on LinkedIn. I can vote once and I already voted for them. What would should I do now?

Replies

Marilyn Barnes
Embracing the spirit of community, I'd research each product's details and merits, then make an informed decision to vote up the ones that truly inspire me, align with my interests, or demonstrate innovation in their field.
Cyril Gupta
@mbarnes101_mb What I am talking about is... - Someone pinged me telling me about their product. - I voted for them and gave them some encouragement - Someone told me again.. I told them I've already done it - Then 2 days later, I got the same request from 2 new people It's getting a bit dated.
Vincent Lonij
I don't really mind people pinging me on LI if it's genuine. I know how hard it is to get users for a product, I've been there. But, having multiple accounts ping me on LI at the same time really sounds like a bunch of poorly configured bots. I would not penalize the product for having a bad marketing team, but I would probably block them on LI.
Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
@vincentropy Agreed ... I don't mind the ping either. We're all hustling. Just do it in a coordinated and professional way!
Cyril Gupta
@vincentropy I want this entrepreneur to succeed, but I want to convey to them that this is a bad strategy that will backfire. That's why no names, just a sign. They should change this strategy and they will be happier.
Vincent Lonij
@cyriljeet Yeah, totally agree that this strategy will probably backfire. Maybe lookup the founder and send them a message, they are usually easy to find.
Trishala Chhetri
It's okay. I understand their position. Most of them are tech founders with no background of sales and marketing and I want to give them space to make mistakes.
Cyril Gupta
@trishala_chhetri That's why they will stay anonymous. We need to build a community... We can do it with partnerships. Can't overdo it
Aakrity Madhan
@trishala_chhetri @cyriljeet That is good integrity, agreed that we are all trying here but need to acknowledge that we do want the community to be genuine.
Kimberly Gonzalez
I typically treat it with skepticism. It's great that they're working hard for their product, but what really influences my decision to upvote is the value the product offers, not the quantity of LinkedIn messages I receive.
Cyril Gupta
@kgonzalezkg8 I like supporting fellow entrepreneurs, so happy to push them... But they should keep a spreadsheet of who has reached out to who.
Iuliia Shnai
Simple. Just vote:)
Irina Ivashchinenko
There is no need to think, just click on the button to vote. Again and again, again and again.
Oleg Eltsov
I'm okay with this, I don't really understand why some people find it so annoying. That's when they write to you "buy buy buy", that's when it's annoying.
Tatiana Tompkins
Have to support anyone & everyone who is reaching out!
Cyril Gupta
@tatiana_tompkins I support everyone who reaches out... How do you support the same guy 4 times?
Konok Nazmul
Most of the maker/team members find it quite challenging to keep track of messages, especially when multiple team members are engaging with the community. However, it's entirely understandable, and as supporters and fellow makers, we should kindly inform them that we have already shown our support during the launch, even if we receive multiple messages.
messersmith felipe
It's essential to maintain integrity and fairness in such situations. Since you've already voted for their product, there's no need to take any further action. It's best to remain honest and refrain from voting multiple times, even if they are urging you to do so from different IDs. Let the voting process be genuine and let others เบทฟิก make their choices independently. Your integrity and honesty will reflect positively on your reputation.
Cyril Gupta
@messersmith_felipe :) And dear friend, you have a link to Betflix in this comment with a Thai keyword. Funny and ironic at the same time.
Gary Sztajnman
Be real! We need the PH ranking not to be manipulated. If the LinkedIn message is nice, the best thing you can do is: 1. Try it out 2. If you like it, vote for it 3. Share feedback 4. If you love it, become a customer
Iuliia Shnai
Support! I always support:)