• Subscribe
  • What communities were your early customers in?

Elly
    19 replies
    Could you share your experience to help startups looking for early customers?

Replies

Nancy Philip
    I made the mistake of targeting too broad a community at first. Once I narrowed down to specific LinkedIn groups, I started seeing real traction. It’s about finding where your ideal customers hang out, not just any community.
    Elly
    SlashPage
    @nancy_philip Who should I tell about the super easy homepage? I'm asking because I want to get ideas from trial and error.
    Ceferina Cadieux
    I connected with my initial customers in local meetup groups. They were eager to try something new, and their input helped shape the product.
    Kira Ortega
    I started by reaching out to niche communities on Reddit. The feedback was invaluable, and it’s where I found my earliest supporters.
    Mozell Kraichely
    I found my early customers in a few online forums and communities related to my industry.
    Elly
    SlashPage
    @mozell_kraichely Could you tell me how you found that forum? That's a new idea that no one else has talked about so far, thanks!
    Aquiles Byars
    For me, social media group were a goldmine for finding early adopters.
    Elly
    SlashPage
    @aquiles_byars Could you tell me which social media group it is? Are you not a huge influencer?
    Claudia Dennis
    I tapped into local meetups and events. Connecting with people in person at industry-related events helped me find early customers who were genuinely interested.
    Elly
    SlashPage
    @claudia_dennis It's great that you're meeting customers at local meetups and events, I'm sure you're just as candid in person. Thanks for sharing your story!
    Filxa Adam
    Social media platforms like Twitter were useful for me. By following relevant hashtags and engaging with posts, I was able to find and connect with early customers
    Elly
    SlashPage
    @filxa_adam Thanks for sharing your experience, everyone says this is the way to go, but it seems so time consuming and difficult. do you have any tips to recommend?
    Shemtov Yogi
    I discovered early customer by participating in industry-specific Slack channels.
    Elly
    SlashPage
    @shemtov_yogi Oh!!! I've been wondering about this! Could you tell me how you found Slack by industry in the first place?
    Elsa Jonathan
    I found early customers through online courses and webinars.
    Elly
    SlashPage
    @elsa_jonathan Were those webinars and classes to teach people how to use your product? Thanks for your reply✨
    Emily Thompson
    LinkedIn groups have been really effective for me too. I'm in a few niche groups related to project management software and that's where I've connected with many of my initial users. It helps to be super active and provide value to the community first, then people are more open to checking out your product. Reddit and Discord servers focused on your specific industry can also work well, but definitely go niche over broad to find your ideal customers.