• Subscribe
  • What category of products do you think is ripe for disruption

Oyinkansola Robiat
    22 replies
    In my opinion, I think education technology ( EdTech) is a category ripe for disruption . What’s your opinion?

Replies

James Wilson
    I think there are so many areas ripe for disruption! For me, it seems like the healthcare industry has a lot of potential for innovation.
    Oyinkansola Robiat
    @james__wilson I think I agree with you, healthcare has lots of potential, particularly in Telemedicine and patient data management . Telemedicine can provide on-demand consultations and reducing strain on physical facilities. Additionally, A unified, blockchain-based system could securely consolidate health records, enabling better diagnostics and personalized care.
    Alexander Galitsky
    No matter what category/industry, you can always disrupt something with proper execution
    Judith Amarachi 💙
    I 100% agree! @ag94 It's not majorly about the sector, it is about understanding the necessary gaps not being filled yet and using the information to introduce innovations.
    Nevil Ling
    I agree, EdTech could definitely use some fresh ideas. I also think the way we handle personal finance could be transformed with new technology.
    xavi
    I think in this GenAI era, almost every category is in the verge of disruption and yes edtech is one of those initial categories.
    Liam Patrick Sullivan
    I think the home appliance category is ripe for disruption! So many appliances are still bulky, ugly, and hard to use. Imagine a fridge that can automatically order groceries, a dishwasher that folds the dishes for you, or a washer/dryer combo that can wash, dry and iron your clothes while you sleep. There's still a lot of room to make appliances smarter, sleeker, more efficient and more user-friendly. Proper execution is key though, as you said. The product has to actually solve real consumer pain points to disrupt the category.
    Elido Dial
    I agree that EdTech is ripe for disruption. Another category I see potential in is personal finance management, especially with emerging technologies like AI.
    Sulemna Ola
    I am with you on EdTech. Additionally, the remote work tools market seems ready for disruption, with opportunities for more integrated solutions.
    Matthew Baker
    Education technology is a great choice. I’d also look at sustainability-focused products. Innovations in this area could drive major changes.
    Paul Hill
    Electric vehicles for sure. With battery tech improving, costs coming down, and environmental regulations tightening, the incumbent gas-powered vehicle makers are vulnerable to disruption from innovative EV startups that can move faster and aren't tied to legacy manufacturing and supply chains. The shift is already starting but there's still a huge opportunity for EVs to eat the incumbents' lunch in the coming years if executed well. Tesla showed what's possible but they won't be the only winners.
    Silas Reeve Blackburn
    Manufacturing and logistics are ripe for disruption through automation and AI. Automating more of the supply chain and production processes with robotics, sensors, and AI optimization could streamline efficiency and cut a lot of costs. There's still a ton of manual work that could potentially be automated.
    Alexander Moore
    IMO the shipping and logistics space is ready for disruption. There's a lot of inefficiency and lack of transparency in the current system. A startup that can leverage data, automation and better tracking to streamline the process from end-to-end could be a game changer. What do others think?