• Subscribe
  • What book completely changed your outlook on entrepreneurship?

Eden
    12 replies
    For me it was a book called The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco. It taught me that there’s a better way to life than just working a 9-5 until you’re too old to really enjoy your retirement.

Replies

Solomon Bush
    Oh - another one, not specifically on entrepreneurship, but rather product management, is the Pheonix Project. It's all about agile development, and manufacturing, but it completely changed the way I think about building teams!
    Solomon Bush
    I liked Zero to One by Peter Thiel
    Eden
    @solomon_bush Ooh this isn’t on my list yet, thanks for sharing! Reminds me of a book I read called Zero to Sold by Arvid Kahl
    Priyank Chodisetti
    @solomon_bush There is a great line quite early in the book, something like: "If you have to do more work to highlight the work than work itself, immediately quit the job" - it's a very deep and wise quote.
    Solomon Bush
    @priyankc Yeah that's so true! - that book is so short but jammed full of such great insight from a guy that founded/invested in the biggest companies today.
    I think it was the Mom Test by Rob Fitz - totally new approach to getting to know customer needs
    Priyank Chodisetti
    The Lean Startup by Eric Ries changed my outlook - https://theleanstartup.com/ And also constant reading of hacker news - of course, instead of blindly taking some random person's opinion, we should debate, argue and develop our own POVs.
    Nihal Kothiyal
    The Almanack of Naval Ravikant it's not specifically about entrepreneurship but it does changed my perspective.