What are your thoughts on sharing and reposting Instagram contents instead of creating your own?

Cyrus
4 replies
I am a solo entrepreneur and don't have time to create original and high quality contents for my social media account. On Instagram I do see other pages with large number of followers who are just reposting and sharing high quality contents from other experts in their field. What are you thoughts on this short term strategy to build an audience before the launch of your services/products?

Replies

Alex Robinson
I think this is perfectly fine, you may have difference audiences on each platform. As long as the content works well on the platform, I think go for it! This is partially why we started building vidon.ai. To help us repurpose our content into the format our followers want. We automatically generate social videos from blogs or text. You can give it a go at https://vidon.ai
Launching soon!
I would advise you to create and share your content. Sharing and reposting other people's work appears to be a simple answer; however, it is not a long-term solution. Creating your own content is time-consuming and will pay off in the long run. For this purpose, I would recommend hiring a social media assistant.
Juste Semetaite
From a personal brand perspective, you'd be much better off creating and posting original content that can help you attract potential customers. Reposting other people's content can be an occasional fallback, but it's certainly not a long-term strategy. If you do a bit of research, you'll find loads of different content creation frameworks. Block a few hours every week and use those frameworks as prompts to get you started – it gets a lot easier when you think in systems rather than one-off posts! And don't forget to have fun 😊
Brenna Donoghue
I think it's okay now and then, especially when you see something that you think 'yes, that nails it.' But I think if this becomes the crux of your content, followers won't stay engaged.