What are your initial thoughts about my website banner?

Hossein Yazdi
22 replies
Hey all, need your help! When I redesigned my website banner (https://branition.com), I was very satisfied with it, however, considering that it's about premade logos marketplace, I'm now concerned that due to its widespread black color, my users may feel it to be untrustworthy and destructive. What are your initial thoughts about it? Would greatly appreciate your feedback ๐Ÿ™

Replies

Kate Santoro
I don't think it looks bad. But if you're worried you could A/B test your page - send half of visitors to a page with the black banner and the other half to a variant of the page with another color banner? This way you'll see quantitatively what resonates best with users. A/B tests can be tricky to run if you don't have a lot of traffic going to your home, but if you're using paid ads, a workaround can be to run the test on a landing page dedicated to Google Ads that has higher traffic.
Hossein Yazdi
@kate_santoro1 Thanks for your feedback Kate ๐Ÿ™Œ Really appreciate it! Although I agree with A/B testing, my website currently doesn't have sufficient traffic for it and as I'm also not running Ads currently, I may need to keep the idea of A/B testing for later :)
Synim
I wouldn't call it untrustworthy or destructive to be frank, very confident brands choose black. The only thing that makes logo marketplaces untrustworthy in my mind are popups and constant promotions, try to keep away from that and it should be good as long as it's clean and consistent. Here is an idea, why not change the color of the banner to complement the icons, it would maybe create an appealing visual effect.
Hossein Yazdi
@synim_selimi Thank you so much Synim for taking your time and reviewing it ๐Ÿ™ I thought about your idea, however, as many stock websites (like Freepik & Vecteezy) use bright colors as their main theme color and banner, I do not want my website to be perceived as a stock website like them by using bright colors like the blue in logo. Since we only allow logos to be sold only once.
Giannis Kiokpas
looks good to me! maybe a little bit grayer, just for the smoothness to the eye!
Hossein Yazdi
@ikiok By the way, I noticed a bug-like comment below your website footer. Thought it might be helpful.
DoฤŸu Gรผl
It looks good to me, but I looked for more color. Maybe the "Quality Logos" part of the heading can be blue, matching the brand colors
Hossein Yazdi
@dogu.gul Thanks for sharing your feedback DoฤŸu ๐Ÿ™, agree, a supplementary color in the heading can be a good choice!
ALEXIA
Here is an interesting article. Color matters. They recommend white fonts with black. I went orange because itโ€™s the universal color of happiness, itโ€™s also the color of the football team where I live. https://www.creatopy.com/blog/so...
Hossein Yazdi
@alexia_georghiou Yes indeed! That's why I'm concerned with it. For the type of content you're sharing, orange seems the best choice. Nice color chosen!
ALEXIA
I like how it looks btw. Sharp. I just changed my slide decks to black with white font. Listened to some training where they recommended this.
Hello_Joy
I think it looks great. but what about having an a/b test?
Hossein Yazdi
@joy_eom Well, a/b testing seems a great choice, however, my website doesn't have sufficient traffic for it. So, I may need to keep it in mind for later! Btw, really appreciate your feedback! Thank you ๐Ÿ™
Frank Gonzalez
Hey Hossein, First of all great idea you have here. Love that you price fair to the value of the work too. I'm a fan of black in my designs, some people think it's uninviting but I absolutely disagree; the use of the color black is sleek and professional. One thing I do want to note, though: the gradient on the banner affects all of the logos and that doesn't display the work in it's true form. Not a dealbreaker for most, I'm sure, but it could boost the impact to show the logo sans gradient. Just my two cents. Hope this is helpful!
Hossein Yazdi
@designerfrank Thank you so much for taking the time and reviewing it. Really appreciate it ๐Ÿ™ Also, glad you like the idea, it's truly valuable to me! Well, I agree that the gradient doesn't display the logos in their true form, however, I purposely added it to add to the visual presentations of the logos.
Frank Gonzalez
@hosseinyazdi I can see that perspective. I think once you get the traffic and start to test a lot of these questions in the thread could be answered definitively.
PAGE1 - SEO AGENCY
I find your logo to be so cool that it can't be unreliable. I believe.