• Subscribe
  • What are your books reccomendation?

Nicolò Marchesi
    4 replies
    I'm eager to know: what books do you recommend to fellow entrepreneurs? Which ones have impacted your approach to building and growing your product?

Replies

Nicolò Marchesi
    Here are my top picks. If you notice, it's all research-based :) 'The Mom Test' by Rob Fitzpatrick - This book is a lifesaver in understanding customer feedback and arguably the first to read when working on a product. It teaches how to ask the right questions that get you beyond just 'polite' responses. It’s crucial for validating your business ideas with real insights rather than just hearing what you want to hear. 'The Lean Startup' by Eric Ries - this book is all about learning what your customers want and testing your vision continuously, adapting and adjusting before it’s too late. Ries provides a scientific approach to creating and managing successful startups in an age when companies need to innovate more than ever. 'SPIN Selling' by Neil Rackham - This isn't just a book; it's a sales bible. SPIN (Situation, Problem, Implication, Need-payoff) provides a research-based sales methodology that revolutionizes the way to approach B2B sales and large-ticket B2C sales. It offers a structured and effective way of guiding sales conversations. 'Good Strategy Bad Strategy' by Richard Rumelt - This book is a deep dive into what differentiates good strategies from bad ones. Rumelt argues that a good strategy is more than just ambitious goals; it’s about focusing on critical issues and leveraging resources to create real impact. It is a must-read for anyone involved in product strategy.
    Nicolò Marchesi
    @slimmy82 I totally agree; that's why it is on top even before 'the lean startup' (which is universally recommended, but I think it comes after this). Once I started reading, I finished it in 2 days because I kept seeing situations I encountered and felt off. Now I know why!
    @pethron the mom test is freaking awesome and should be a mandatory read for founders.
    Naveed Rehman
    any book that is not generated by AI.