What are you interested in that most people haven't heard of?

Ghost Kitty
35 replies

Replies

Mike Cecconello
Viral marketing and its potential?
Derek
I’ve recently become interested in long-term clothing. Basically shirts and pants that are super durable and comfortable. 5-10 year length.
Igor Lysenko
@derkolstad I think it's hard to do that when a lot of people don't keep track of things as they should. But if you create something like this, the clothing and style market will fall, which will be sad for people in business.
Theo
@derkolstad @ixord idk if I agree with that necessarily. I think it all comes down to the class division in society, unfortunately. It's the rich man/poor man boots situation all over again so yeeeeah it's a pretty sad endeavor. I hope we as a society can like. Not. I am lucky cause I can absolutely invest into good long-term clothing but it definitely costs a pretty penny and not everyone is this fortunate. Also, thrift stores that people in the lower income bracket could rely on back in the day are now becoming flooded with terrible quality fast fashion brands so they can't afford durable clothing even while thrifting at this point. Additionally, fast fashion is terrible for the environment. We would all be better off with clothing becoming less terrible and more affordable but alas -- then we must kinda go back to the rich giving their clothes off to the poor like it was back in the way. I'm sure if we concentrated our efforts more on solving global problems like that and less on, idk, re-branding twitter, we could all be better off in the long run
Leena Chitnis
@derkolstad This is encouraging and hope it's a trend. I'm tired of fast fashion and shop almost exclusively at thrift stores (also for the thrill of the thrift!). This is partly what motivated me to make my product, RuffRest, a dog bed that would last the lifetime of a dog.
Sean Ward
@derkolstad Can’t say this is what I was expecting when I opened up this discussion but I’m here for it 😂 Do you have any recommendations for any Tshirt brands that might fall in this category?
Derek
@weansard not yet. 🤓 I’ve bought t-shirts from a few and I’ve discovered that any with pima cotton seem better than standard cotton.
Mathis Vella
@carson_coots Some kind of personal assistant, you should try it! :)
Louisa Lu (launching soon)
does researching octopus count? they are super cool animals
Louisa Lu (launching soon)
@mike_cecconello1 My god, so many things... 3 hearts, blue blood, probably as smart as human, also appearantly they are not social animals but can be in selective cases like octlantics (where a group of them hang out in australia).
Emma Smith
I'm obsessed with aquascaping, designing underwater landscapes in aquariums. It's like crafting your own mini ocean world.
Jake Harrison
Find new tools people don't know, just like what I did for my directory website
Narendra Solanki
I'm really intrigued by Quantum Art, a relatively unheard-of intersection between quantum computing and digital art. Quantum Art leverages the principles of quantum mechanics to create visualizations and artworks that are not only stunning but also represent complex quantum phenomena. Quantum computers operate using qubits, which can exist in multiple states at once due to superposition. Artists working with Quantum Art use algorithms and quantum computing resources to translate these quantum states and behaviors into visual forms. The result is often mesmerizing patterns and animations that look like nothing else you’d see in traditional digital art. One fascinating aspect of Quantum Art is that it allows us to visualize and interact with quantum phenomena, which are typically incredibly difficult to grasp due to their non-intuitive nature. The artworks created through this process can help make quantum mechanics more accessible and tangible to the general public, sparking interest and curiosity in this cutting-edge field of science. A specific example is the work done by Libby Heaney, a British artist and quantum physicist, who has been experimenting with using IBM’s quantum computers to create art. She utilizes the inherent unpredictability and complexity of quantum systems to generate unique and captivating visual pieces. Quantum Art is still a niche field, but as quantum computing becomes more accessible and artists continue to explore this space, I believe we'll see more incredible intersections of technology and creativity like this.
George Burmistrov
Action figures collecting and customizing. Most people can't imagine that it's a whole hobby (quite an expensive one, I must say, but still really interesting and entertaining).
Mahsum Akbaş
Amateur Radio. Whoever hear that thinks I am a secret service agent. 73 :)
Yannick
WebGL, with a focus on 3D graphics within web browsers, alongside micro-level crypto development and the utilization of AI on the web.
Indiana Joshi
Well I am interested in AI, and everyone around me or in the world is interested in AI too:/
AmazingSylvia
I am interested in Open AI and AIGC in 2020 July, most people are not know what it is in that time.
Sagar Patel
Lately, I am obsessed with getting language models working on consumer, and commodity hardware. The goal is to reduce compute requirements for language models so that it is more accessible to people!
David
Enjoy the Dodgers' latest victory and also make your look stylish with Los Angeles Dodgers Jackets . These jackets are perfect for showing off your team pride because they blend comfort and fashion, make your game day special and enjoy with your favorite players