What are you choosing: 4 days with 8h work day or 5 days with 6h work day? Why?

Relja Denic
53 replies

Replies

Artyom Sviridov
Hard to say. For me, this really depends on the type of work to be done.
Salar Davari
Definitely 4 days with 8 h work.
Juan Manuel Dato
There are two types of jobs: those that require early mornings or a high level of stress; and then there are those that require a continuous process or long-term gains. For the first, the fewer days the better, for the second, the fewer hours a day the better.
5 days with 8 hours of work :)
Nitin Joshi
5 day 8 hours a day😄
Narendra Solanki
An intriguing question! Personally, I'd lean towards a 5-day workweek with 6-hour days. Here's why: Work-life Balance: Shorter workdays can potentially lead to a better work-life balance. Six hours would allow for focused, productive bursts while still leaving ample time in the day for personal activities, hobbies, or downtime. Sustained Energy: Spreading the work over five days with shorter durations can prevent burnout and keep energy levels more consistent throughout the week. Flexibility: Having a 5-day schedule aligns better with the traditional workweek, making collaboration easier with others who might be on a regular schedule. It also offers more flexibility for scheduling meetings, appointments, or handling tasks that require regular business hours. Consistent Routine: A daily routine can help maintain a rhythm and build habits. A 5-day workweek can offer that consistent structure, while the shorter hours give it a fresh twist. However, it's essential to note that individual preferences and job requirements play a significant role in this choice. What works best for one person might not be the same for another. The key is to find a balance that maximises both productivity and personal well-being. 🕰️⚖️
@narendra_solanki great points, I agree with the work-life balance one! Also, if one is doing job that they re truly passionate about, it is even better for the well-being:)
Prem Saini
6 days with non-stop work 😆
Lavinia Gherasim
4 days with 8h work day for sure. Having extended weekends sound really attractive.
Piotr Obidowski
I choose to work whenever I want 😅 The most important thing is to deliver within deadlines.
Mansi Trivedi
4 days 8 hours! Then the rest of the days are just FREE!
Philipp Shay
in my case, it's better to get into the flow and complete all tasks within 3 days with 12 hours each
Jake Harrison
5 days with 6 hour is better!
Judith Amarachi 💙
I will go with 5 days 6h workday. Here is my reason: - It will help me spread my activities - I will have more planning time. - It will help me be more interested in the process of the work than in just getting it done.
I am into longer weekends, 4 days with 8h 💫
Lusine Sargsyan
I would choose 4 days with 8h work day. Why? Work-Life Balance: If you prioritize having more free time for personal activities, relaxation, and family, the 4-day workweek might be more appealing. With longer workdays but an extra day off, you can have extended weekends and potentially better work-life balance.
Neha
I will go with 6 days with 6 hours of work , it maintains our consistency and habit to work daily