What are the tools/apps do you use to access, translate or work with non- english documents?

Frank Nguyen | Afforai
20 replies

Replies

Artyom Shimanski
I'm using my own bot - FixMeBot. It supports more than 50 languages and is quite good and fast in translations. Much better than well-known translators :)
Frank Nguyen | Afforai
@ashimanski Really, sounds like we are crossing paths my team and I also building the AI chatbot for documents maneuver too. Would be great if we can take a look at each other's product and critique it
Frank Nguyen | Afforai
@ashimanski Oh it’s a bot, that you can add into the chatbox of messenger i supposed? Same as bots for telegram?
Frank Nguyen | Afforai
@ashimanski sounds cool, how does it help with the translation, any documents send inbox or the chat can be translated with FixMeBot?
Eugene Lipski
we're using deepl.com
Frank Nguyen | Afforai
@eugene_lipski How's your experience with deepl so far? Any reviews, feedback or things you would love to have but not there?
Eugene Lipski
@notnminh187 It's a great tool in every way, maybe I'd like to see a slightly smarter neural network that understands the context of the translation because sometimes it uses inappropriate word meanings
Frank Nguyen | Afforai
@eugene_lipski maybe you can try out Afforai. We take pride in the translation part. In fact, you could upload one document of a language then interact with it through a different language is fine too.
Frank Nguyen | Afforai
@aarav_pittman classic, but more tools are now available and provide better solutions. But i understand why ggl translate as it is such a convenient and fast way to translate. Not so sure if it is top choice for big and in depth documents tho. Your thoughts?
Anatolii
Just two basic tools: 1. Google Translate for translation itself. 2. ChatGPT for emphasizing the main idea. But having it all in one package would be useful, of course:)
Frank Nguyen | Afforai
@anatoly5ms have you try out afforai? We can do both and more!
Frank Nguyen | Afforai
@anatoly5ms Google translate, personally i feel like a lot of time it doesn’t make the sense out of the translation. It’s more word by word. So we made Afforai, which could comprehend the text and translate it better with senses. And you can ask it to extract ideas, summarize or any interaction with the file
Nina Austria | Afforai
@anatoly5ms While ChatGPT is nice for summarizing the beginning portions of documents, it supports only online hosted documents + doesn't really process important pieces of info from large data sources. I'd recommend trying out Afforai-- we allow for document upload directly from your local storage + can summarize info from the full doc! :)
Rhonda
I usually use UPDF(https://bit.ly/474vjQs). It's a powerful PDF editor that not only includes the basic features of PDF software but also includes the popular AI features. You could use it to summarize, translate, explain, or rewrite. I recommend you to try it.