What are the most effective social media channels for startups?

As a startup company, you might be interested in investing your time and money in which social media channels are best. This decision depends on your ideal product/service, customer, or personality and how users will react when using social media. So, what is your choice?

Replies

Robert L. Lombardi
LinkedIn is a good fit for your startup if you want to focus on making introductions to other business professionals, highlighting yourself as a subject matter expert, establishing credibility in your industry and marketing to mostly business professionals
Chetan Natesh
My choice is LinkedIn. My startup is all about long form content. LinkedIn is the place to be for me πŸ™Œ
Lodovico Sella
All the social media platforms play important role but I feel Linkedin tops the list. There are very less fake accounts on that platform and is an amazing place to connect with fellow startup owners. πŸ™Œ
Drishty Raichura
LinkedIn is the best place. In some situations, we have also tried Reddit.
Sebastian Janus - derStartupCFO
@drishty_raichura Oh Reddit, can you share a bit of your experience with it?
Drishty Raichura
@derstartupcfo Sure! If you have used other social media platforms, you may also have noticed that Reddit does not have as high visual appeal as others. Yet, people use it on a regular basis. In my past organisation, we have used it to mostly gather feedback on product. We've got some REALLY awesome feedback. It also helped us in generating new genuine leads after we had enough karma points. Typically, when something hits the front page of the site, it ends up spreading. It has over 52 million daily active users - that's more than Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat or Pinterest. I am not active on Reddit anymore. However, a few things I learned as a Reddit beginner are as follows: - Reddit subReddits are communities inside Reddit which are based on content. In other words, the subReddits are content niches. Even the Ask Me Anything subReddits revolve around content. - Popular Reddit subReddits have many active members. When you go to the subReddits, you see metrics. The stats tell you how many members, the longevity of the subReddit, and how many are in the subReddit at that moment. - If you want to network with like-minded people and learn a great deal as well as share what you know about a topic, Reddit is the place for you. Be advised: The people at Reddit are pretty serious.
Jerry Twin
Pinterest is a good fit for your startup if you are planning to run a clothing shop, food business, art based business, ecommerce shop (pretty much a visual based startup)!
Santiago Cerdeira
I believe it all depends on your target market. If you are trying to reach younger people who maybe are used to short-form and fast content, maybe Instagram or TikTok can be a good option. But if you -for example- own a B2B business that targets other business owners, maybe LinkedIn would be a perfect choice. Always look at where your target market spends most of its time.
Meet Patel
This highly depends on what industry your startup is in, and what sort of audience it’s targeting!!