What are the most common reasons one can lose the PH streak? πŸ”₯

I observed only 2 reasons: 1. One forgot to log in 2. Something messed up with the code? (system) What causes have you been detected/experienced? What are the possible solutions according to you?

Replies

Ramit Koul
I had network issues during a weekend trip and that's how I lost my latest 198 days streak :)
Business Marketing with Nika
@ramitkoul Noooo! πŸ’” I sometimes speculate how could I prevent myself to not losing it in such situations.
Suchal Bojamma
Honestly, for me, the most common reason for losing my PH streak is simply because it's a Saturday! After a long, tiring week, I find myself mentally drained and in need of a digital detox. I end up taking an unintentional break and completely forgetting to check any apps, including Product Hunt.
@suchalbojamma Interesting POV, I do not differentiate days, holidays etc for me the weekend is not any other special day :D But totally understand. Good to know. :)
Kate Ramakaieva
@suchalbojamma I aslo decided npt to worry aabout the streaks as I need day-off from every aspects connected with work
@kate_ramakaieva @suchalbojamma Yep, sometimes we need to remember that there are more serious things in life. :)
Arthur Leclercq
A busy day but not a busy day at work I would say such as wedding or whatsoever. Best thing is to put the app in evidence on your phone so you'll see it the first time of the day you unlock your phone i'd say
@arthur_leclercq That's the solution I would also recommend. To have some notification. Because when you have many things to do, you simply forget.
Henry Habib
I forgot to log in because it's the weekend! πŸ˜‚
@henry_habib aaa, weekends sucks? :D I think that weekend is the most peaceful time (to log in) :)
Sebastian Kraus
Hey @busmark_w_nika, I believe the ideal approach is to create a habit, similar to regularly attending a sport. Once it becomes a routine, you'll instinctively log in, and you'll notice when you miss a session - just be careful not to get addicted! πŸ˜‰
@sebastiankraus You are right. To make it a part of the day helps. Life without the PH is not a life. 🀣
Huge
weekend😫so, day 2 again
Michael
I think streaks can also be lost due to cookies or cache issues with your browser.
@michael_baumgartner Can you explain? I think I need more intro to the topic. πŸ˜…
Priyanka Saini
And if you are travelling. I lost my streak 3 times, because of travel
Jakob Engelhardt
I was camping for 2 nights and realised at the last second that I need to back up my streak. Thinking about building a micro SaaS around tis to automatically safe the ph streaks ;) @busmark_w_nika
@jakob_engelhardt1 so basically, you need to work every day, right? :D you are my person! :D
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
@busmark_w_nika @jakob_engelhardt1 Please don't. Or wait a year or two until I'm in top 50 at least πŸ˜…
Alex AI
I was travelling 50 days ago. And I missed by some minutes to visit PH And I lost a 84 day streak. Nowadays should be like 135
@byalexai uff, where did you travel to? Did you cross several time zones?
Alex AI
@busmark_w_nika Romania and Hungary. It wasn't a long trip, but it was more about tourism. I didn't check PH after arriving and ended up ruining the streak.
Igor Lysenko
I think it's the holidays, definitely!
@ixord Was too busy with preparation for celebrating? πŸ˜€
Igor Lysenko
@busmark_w_nika Yes, there were a lot of activities in which I got lost and forgot during my visit to PH.
Andreas Sohns
I lost streaks due to bad internet connections.
@andreas_sohns πŸ₯² I feel you. The worst thing is when you cannot do many things about poor internet conditions. πŸ™ˆ
PRIYANKA MANDAL
For me it happened 2 times.
@priyankamandal how is it possible – what was the cause?
Marie-Philippe Leblanc
For me: No internet!
@mplebl Has it ever happened to you? This is cruel. Even worse: When you do not have a signal!
Lindsay Davis
Weekend, day offs, vacation🀫
Launching soon!
Getting reported by other users, violating platform guidelines, technical errors on the platform. Problem: Users may lose their streak on a platform due to various reasons such as violations or technical issues. Contentify can help by automating the creation and scheduling of engaging content, helping users stay consistent and avoid losing their streak. Try Contentify AI for Free here just look up Contentify AI
Salar Davari
Personally, I don't care much about PH streak. But I think in most cases, it's holidays that make one forget all about their streak!!
@salar__davari I agree with that. People do not care so much about work tasks. This is solely makers' thing and when you are not in a work mood, you are more likely to forget.
JD Worcester
The Weekend typically lol
@jd_worcester Hmmm, I am tempted to ask what you usually do during the weekend. :D But I understand. People have more fun than me. :D
Milli Sen
Forgetting to check on the new year or Christmas πŸ˜‚
@millisen Did you have a very crazy New Year? :D Do you remember anything from that day? 🍾πŸ₯‚πŸ˜…
Melissa Carter
What if PH sends a notification before your streak breaks? Anyone thinks this could work?
@melissacarter I think that one guy I had a call with wants to create something like that. But it could be a 3-rd party tool.