• Subscribe
  • What are the main ChatGPT giveaways?

Kate Dalessi
    4 replies
    I'm dealing with a lot of content writers and edit a lot of copy. To me it's obvious when ChatGPT was involved in content creation, and when it wasn't. I'd love to put together a list of things that give away the writers who employ ChatGPT, but I can't really pin it to concrete bullet points. So, I'd love your input! How do you understand that content was ChatGPT-generated?

Replies

Gaëtan Le Gac (Unique Domains)
    For me most of GPT-generated content is obvious: - Frequent use of some words / expressions - Lack of deep / technical / niche vocabulary. The content is very generic and don't provide value to someone who know the subject - The overal structure is too academic The reason: most of people thinks a LLM can generate good content alone. This is completely wrong, at least for now. You need to spend time to provide the right research resources, imagine a relevant structure and optimize your prompt.
    Azza Shahid
    Few words give away content produced by Chatgpt
    Adeeb Malik
    In today's fast-moving business space, it is easy to get lost in the prevailing winds of AI content creation. The above for example. What we have to know is that AI is fed our data, i.e., the content that was produced before. So, here's how I find out: 1. Sometimes the writers are so confident in our ability to not make out human content or AI-written (or maybe they're that lazy) that they just copy and paste it. These can be found through tools like Zerogpt, originality.ai, etc. 2. Then there are smart ones, who use AI to tweak it to make the content sound human. To detect them, I first started reading a lot of AI-produced content and found: - Sentence structure is complex and not conversive in nature. - Sections (headings, sub-headings, etc.) stand as standalone content, not a part of a bigger picture. - No first-person language - Grammatical errors (some everyone makes, but a lot, umm doubtful) - Complex words (Hey, who doesn't want to have a good vocabulary, but the nature and audience of the content calls for complex words). So, you'd be able to figure it out. - Weird and ill-fitting storyline. GPT's favorite is waves, ship, ahoy, basically a sea adventure. How to find actual writers? Improve your assignment. Add brand and style guidelines, and then judge the candidate. I'm all in for writers who are using AI to amplify their writing, not covering up their lack of writing abilities. Hope this helps!