What are the cons of adding external links to my website? Will it harm my SEO and reduce DR?

Nimesha Buvanendran
11 replies
Hello fellow SEO experts, I recently came across the concept of #linkjuicing. What is your advice on it? Should I be concerned about the links that I embed on my website?

Replies

Charles
Great question, Nimesha. To add to what's been said, time on page or on site is definitely a favourable metric that's never gone out of fashion – but linking externally (in moderation versus stuffing) can really only hurt you if you're not working on seeing which of those sites are open to doing the same for you. The real payoff or quid pro quo in juicing is the value you get back from others who link externally to you. For SMBs, this is as much old-fashioned networking as it is technical SEO, meta-whatnot.
Rich Watson
i'm clueless about SEO but was reading about backlinks and link building today- doesn't it only matter about the websites who are linking to yours? like it boosts your pagerank if it's on high ranked or credible sites compared to spammy ones?
Jaroslaw Pidburskyj 🇮🇹Ï🇺🇦SEO
They will help not hinder but don’t go excessive here. Internal link juices are a ranking factor more than externals.
Nimesha Buvanendran
@noproseo Thanks for sharing the tip. But how would internal links contribute more than external links?
@nimesha_buvanendran hi, the whole idea is design a page that connects with visitors, well that’s my thinking after reading up on SEO. Providing more internal links has visitors looking deeper onto your pages so staying for longer [Google see this as added value] it might mean they will purchase goods from you and recommend to others. Look around on businesses websites, how many internal links do they have? External links you might or possible will lose that visitor you worked hard to capture. I see this a lot with Asians [I can understand why] they try to go the Adsense route thinking they will make lots of money, but that’s not how it works and they’ll be disappointed down the line with just a few clicks. If you only have a few internals then when testing on seo tools, with minimum links the page is classed as an entry page offering little to no value, so bounce causes visitors to leave straightaway with Google noticing and your rank could devalue.
Nimesha Buvanendran
@noproseo Thanks a lot for your explanation. I should be focused on strategically building back links as they can potentially drive away traffic from my website.
@nimesha_buvanendran Your onpage SEO has to be good or very good for you to start looking for backlinks, backlinks are like marketing diplomatic links, when someone sees your backlink on another website this is free marketing for you, don’t you agree?
Neha Pasumarthi
Check out this article on the importance of checking and adding backlinks to your website: https://ninjaseo.com/competitor-....
Will Zeal
Thanks for sharing the information. for more update of open multiple url techniques to know then visit:- https://www.galaxy99.net/navigat...