What are the best methods in gaining more followers in Social Media specifically in Twitter?

Jao Japitana
48 replies

Replies

Shashank Tiwari
Gaining more followers on Twitter, like any social media platform, requires a combination of strategies, consistency, and engagement. Here are some effective methods to help you grow your Twitter following: 1. Optimize Your Profile: Use a clear profile picture (usually a headshot or your brand logo) and a compelling header image. Write a concise and engaging bio that communicates who you are or what your brand represents. Include a link to your website or a relevant landing page. 2. Tweet Regularly: Consistency is key. Tweeting regularly keeps your followers engaged and attracts new ones. Use a content calendar to plan your tweets and maintain a consistent posting schedule. 3. Quality Content Creation: Share valuable, interesting, and original content that resonates with your target audience. Use multimedia elements like images, videos, and GIFs to make your tweets more engaging. Craft attention-grabbing headlines and captions. 4. Use Hashtags: Include relevant hashtags in your tweets to expand their reach to a broader audience. Research and use trending hashtags that relate to your content. 5. Engage with Your Audience: Respond to comments, mentions, and direct messages promptly. Retweet and like tweets from your followers and other users in your niche. Initiate and participate in conversations within your industry or interests. 6. Collaborate and Network: Collaborate with influencers or other Twitter users in your niche through mentions or retweets. Attend and engage in Twitter chats or online events relevant to your field. 7. Run Contests and Giveaways: Organize Twitter contests or giveaways that encourage user engagement, retweets, and follows. 8. Follow Relevant Users: Follow people or accounts in your niche, industry, or those interested in your content. A portion of them may follow you back. Use Twitter's "Who to Follow" suggestions to find relevant accounts. 9. Promote Your Twitter Account: Cross-promote your Twitter account on your website, email signature, and other social media platforms. Mention your Twitter handle in your offline promotional materials as well. 10. Utilize Analytics: Use Twitter Analytics to track the performance of your tweets and understand what works best for your audience. Adjust your strategy accordingly. 11. Utilize Lists: Create Twitter lists of accounts in your niche. This can help you stay updated with industry news and engage with relevant users more effectively. 12. Pin Important Tweets: Pin a tweet with valuable information or a strong call to action to the top of your profile so that it's the first thing visitors see. 13. Be Authentic and Personable: Share a bit of your personality and humanize your brand. Authenticity and relatability can attract more followers. 14. Avoid Automation Overload: While automation tools can be useful, don't rely too heavily on them. Authentic interaction is crucial, so use automation sparingly. 15. Stay Informed and Adapt: Keep up with Twitter trends and updates, and be ready to adjust your strategy as the platform evolves. Remember that gaining followers on Twitter takes time and effort. Focus on building a genuine and engaged community around your content and interests. Quality engagement with your current followers is just as important as gaining new ones.
Jao Japitana
@fieldweb_fsm These are awesome insight and very detailed. I truly appreciate you sharing. I've been around PH just for about 2 weeks and getting more tips on how I could grow in PH is really a big thing.
Alex Nix
The first rule, I believe, is to try to connect with anyone who interests you! You can join me on my journey here 👽 https://twitter.com/n1x_ax However, I think it's crucial to look for users with similar follower counts and avoid posting content that is being posted by many others. I've noticed a lot of repetition in topics and questions; people do this specifically to increase engagement. Nonetheless, I firmly believe that the person who delivers original content and doesn't mimic others is the ultimate victor :)
Jao Japitana
@nixkulinax Thank you so much for sharing and for always responding. Hope you could follow me on Twitter as well. I just got back actually. Deleted my account like 2-3years ago and literally just signed up again 😁 https://twitter.com/JaoJapitana
Jao Japitana
@nixkulinax And with regards topics, you are actually on spot for that. I think it is always best to choose topics that are close to your heart or that interests you, that way interacting comes easily as well. And everything becomes genuine.
Eliza Crescini
@nixkulinax Hi, Alex! I found it very helpful since I do have the same question here. So, do you think it's a good strategy if we sometimes go out of our comfort zone especially in making content? Like be more fun and engaging?
Aditya Chavan
@jao_japitana Content Buckets that trend on Twitter: 1. Validate: Confirm a bias, Why am I spending my money on, Why my old heater is dog shit, etc. 2. Educate: Value add, Three things that you didn't know, How old were you when you realised, Authority on Subject Matter, etc. 3. Entertain: Memes, Dance, etc 4. Growth: 5 ways you can save money, top 3 ways to earn passive income, do X to get Y results, etc. I don't spend much time on twitter but I have used these content buckets for clients and have seen positive results. Feel free to reach out if you need more help. Cheers! Adi
Jao Japitana
@aditya_chavan3 Thank you for these awesome tips! I'm struggling now though with my new account, so many restrictions and I am not even sure if my first post came through LOL
Jao Japitana
@aditya_chavan3 Oh thank you so much This is frustrating though. Got this while I was posting: Unlock the ability to post and engage by paying a small fee New unverified users are required to pay a small annual fee before you're able to perform any write actions on web, including posting, liking, bookmarking, and replying. This is to reduce bots and spam to make the experience better for everyone. You can still follow accounts and browse X for free. Premium subscribers have unlimited access to all write actions and other Premium features. --- I gave them my phone number and everything and still they want me to subscribe before I could post hmmm...
Aditya Chavan
@jao_japitana Well I am not a premium twitter user but I can use the platform without hitting a paywall. I believe its for new users. I am sorry I haven't bumped into this issue yet so can't provide a solution as of now. But if I read something about this I'll surely share it with you.
Anthony Sellitto
@aditya_chavan3 @jao_japitana Elon posted that X is testing this to limit bot access in a few countries first
Jao Japitana
@aditya_chavan3 @ax3com Yes I figured. I actually had an account a few years back, I deleted the account and decided to open a new one again this year and then this. Not my lucky day I guess. Hopefully this changes
Jao Japitana
This is frustrating. Got this while I was posting: Unlock the ability to post and engage by paying a small fee New unverified users are required to pay a small annual fee before you're able to perform any write actions on web, including posting, liking, bookmarking, and replying. This is to reduce bots and spam to make the experience better for everyone. You can still follow accounts and browse X for free. Premium subscribers have unlimited access to all write actions and other Premium features.
Outlivo
Some of the best methods include: - Engaging with other's content which interest you (try not to act like a bot though) - Creating content of value (educational, entertainment, personal growth, idea generation, ...) - Be consistent but don't make it a stressful part of your life - At last, enjoy the platform's features. If you need any help, feel free to connect me ^^
Jao Japitana
@outlivo Thank you for the tips! Would love to connect with you. Just kinda sad that Twitter is asking me to pay premium in order to post and like other posts. This actually is a bummer.😒 https://twitter.com/JaoJapitana
I grew from 0 to 32K on X/Twitter and here is the starter for you: 1. Be You 2. Authenticity 3. Consistency 4. Engage more by replying to meaningful replies 5. Jump on a call with people
Leon Novački
@mehul_fanawala That's very good growth. What was the timeline of this success?
Eliza Crescini
@leon_novacki @mehul_fanawala Checked on you and followed you using the account I am handling. Got to see the timeline and it was awesome how consistency really works! Hope you can give us a follow: https://twitter.com/TrySyllaby
Adrian Cabrera
One of the things we saw were working was being engaged in relevant big accounts' tweets. Good way to get visibility especially if you're just starting out
Jao Japitana
@adrian_mailmaestro Nice. Can you suggest some of these big accounts' tweets? or the big accounts themselves? Please and thank you!
Adrian Cabrera
@jao_japitana Really depends on your niche, one good way to find the big dogs in your niche is to just simply type in your keyword and they're usually the first ones in the search results.
Anthony Sellitto
I used a contest system that one of the features had contestants to like and add as follower on social for additional entries to win. I had my programers modify the signup that would sign them up for the giveaway and our site at the same time as well.
Jao Japitana
@ax3com This is an awesome idea. How did it turn out?
Jao Japitana
Good news everyone, I decided to get the premium account LOL So now I can post and like tweets We can now follow each other https://twitter.com/JaoJapitana
Jao Japitana
Hi friends! Thank you for always making it a point to join my discussions. I have a little favor to ask. Our team is launching today, I hope you can spare a few seconds of your time to support us. Please upvote us, as we are only 2 levels away in reaching #1 product of the day 💕I would be more than happy to do the same on your launch 💯 https://www.producthunt.com/post... Much love!
Jao Japitana
Hi everyone! We just launched another product today. Hope you can support us again in this endeavor. It's actually a FREE product. So we are not aiming to sell anything or get paid for any of this. The purpose is to be able to help and share what we can. FREE Product Launching Today: https://www.producthunt.com/post... Please and thank you so much