What are some tips for writing effective email subject lines?

Hashir Ahmed
26 replies

Replies

Aaron Morris
Write them short !
Yevhen Melnychenko
In truth, after I finished with the main functionality of my product, I use the generation of my application to write emails) It was a long process to get it to generate good text in the end, but it was worth it. Now, based on thousands of professional emails that have been manually selected and added as AI reference, I can generate an email on any topic.
Lindsay Davis
Craft concise and relevant subject lines that pique curiosity, use action verbs, and offer value to engage recipients and improve open ratesπŸ‘
Crafting email subject lines is like curating mini-party invitations. Start with a dash of intrigue – a peek at the exciting shindig happening inside the email. Short and snazzy is the name of the game, like a haiku that leaves them curious for more. Sprinkle a hint of urgency if it suits the occasion – a little "act now" nudge. And don't forget the emoji confetti! πŸŽ‰ They're like the winks and high-fives that make your invitation impossible to resist. Just remember, honesty is the life of the party – make sure your subject line vibe matches the email groove! Some that have worked for me - "Guess What? πŸ€” It's Your Lucky Day for 30% Off!" "Psst... Don't Miss Out on Your VIP Access to the Summer Sale!"
Steve Lou
Great insights shared in this thread (especially the ones emphasizing the importance of conciseness, action-oriented, and a certain level of urgency)! I'll simply add this for inspiration: I check all the emails from my industry that I've opened in the past month. If I opened them, it's probably because their subject lines were good enough and I try to add my personal touch.
George Kalandadze
Giving away my secret formula here: Full name | Phone number | Mobile It stands out from the crowd and gets the clicks
Harris Cheng
1. Human-written content ✨ Not saying you can't use ChatGPT, but do customise enough to make people think it's written by human - unique, authentic, thoughtful and casual 2. Mention their name ✨ Don't use it everytime, but it works if you use it once in a while. My CTR increases from 35% to 55% just by using this trick in important emails! 3. Add an emoji if that suits your brand ✨ Might be controversial but I do think we're all humans, adding one emoji in front of the subject line makes your reader feels it's more casual and less traditional and salesy! Hope this helps!
Barada Sahu
Follow Harry Dry's newsletter- great copywriting tips.
Daniel Zaitzow
GPT-4 as an initial framework - I think of it as a copy assistant writing my first draft before I need to think. Once you've prompted multiple times and are getting closer to something that resembles an optimal subject - pull them off and put your own personal spin on the subjects. Descriptive prompting is a necessity.
Ivan Dudin
ChatGPT handles this task very well. But you need to set the task correctly. A good OR does not always translate into a good CR. The cover should match the content - that's the most important thing. The key to success is less clickbait and more soulfulness, clarity and simplicity.
Ivan Dudin
That's the second interesting question from you. Fooling you.
Sergey Firkin
Thanks everyone for sharing!
Bran Vuch
Maybe ChatGPT can help.
Weston Skipworth
I am also in search of some.
VXI Pink
Keep your subject line concise and to the point. Avoid being vague or overly cryptic.
Liz Worthy
A thoughtful emoji gets attention.🦜
JK
Certainly, here are some tips for writing effective email subject lines, along with an example of how an AI email generator might help: Tips for Writing Effective Email Subject Lines: Writing effective email subject lines requires a balance of clarity and curiosity. Craft concise subject lines that convey the value of your email's content, whether it's a promotion, information, or a call to action. Consider personalization, urgency, or posing questions to engage recipients. Using an AI Email Generator: Imagine you're using an !AI email generator to help you come up with subject lines. Here's how the generator could assist you: Input: You provide information about your email's content, target audience, and any preferences you have for the tone or style of the subject line. Output: The AI email generator produces a variety of subject line options based on the information you provided. It uses its language generation capabilities to create subject lines that align with your goals. Example: Input: "Promotion for Summer Clothing Collection" Preferences: Casual and friendly tone Output (Generated by AI Email Generator): "Get Your Summer Style On: Hot Deals Inside!" "Hey, Your Summer Wardrobe Upgrade Awaits"