What are MUST's in my e-commerce website?

Lucas Mitchell
7 replies

Replies

Anthony Bell
High-quality product images that accurately represent your product
Benjamin Evans
Detailed product descriptions that provide customers with all the information they need to make a purchase.
Chris Sheng
micro influencer marketing
Joe Miller
A few tips... - First, you need to be able to answer why someone should buy from you. What makes your company special? - Traffic. It needs to be able to attract visitors. If you're not going to buy traffic, then SEO. Content-rich landing pages by product category. - Merchandising. Can you provide enough imagery and text descriptions to entice a buyer. Social proof via reviews is always good but if a new site, you'll need to harvest it. - Ease of purchase. How easy can you make it to buy? On one hand, you need customers to identify themselves, so your privacy backend has to be tight. But you can still tie into existing payment APIs to help mitigate handling too much PII. - Follow through. The post-purchase experience is often the most ignored. Nail this and you have a much better chance at repeat customers.
Ashna S
I've worked on multiple DTC websites on e-commerce growth and here are a few aspects that I see really essential: 1. The Landing Page (for your paid or organic traffic) -> When customers land on your website they're gonna be thinking - "Hm is this something I need?" "How is this going to solve my problem?" "Have others used it before? Ensure that your landing page speaks to their concerns and highlights what problems the product can solve. 2. Clear & concise copy for the right audience You've only got about 15 seconds to make them stay, so find relatable ways to communicate to the right user 3. Resonance with the Ad If your users are coming from specific ads, it's important the storyline continues and they don't feel like they've landed on a new planet. 4. Social Proof Trust increases exponentially when they see real people UGCs or reviews of having used the product. 5. Seamless buying journey Test multiple times and ensure that it's easy for them to actually make that purchase 6. Mobile website experience 80%+ users visit websites on their websites. Try and stay mobile - first and with every change, remember to test it out on your mobile device. All the best!