What AI-powered tools do you use to create software?

Aymeric Zhuo
19 replies
Hey PH folks, curious to hear how non-developers have found the new wave of AI tools to help them build software :)

Replies

Shristi Singh
Hey, I'm a non-developer with a little exposure. I tried to build a tracking software sometime back as a passion project and I used Chatgpt for understanding the process like what systems to set up and what hosting platforms to use. I used to write codes but most of time it didn't work and had to spend a lot of time on stackoverflow and similar platforms trying to debug it which was stressful but helped me learn.
Aymeric Zhuo
@shristi_singh1 my team and I have been building a solution where English is the programming language! Looking for beta testers right now, let me know if you'd be up to try it. It's like a midjourney for software but still early days.
chaitanya
I haven't come across anything that's close to building software. More or less, there were many agents that can build software workflows powered by GPT. Maybe something like Brancher.ai.
Swaroop Patil
@gvschaitanya1, it's true that options are limited. My team has been discussing the potential of using Brancher.ai alongside Deepnote to prototype a payment analytics tool. I’m curious to see how this blend of technologies will work together.
Shadman Nazim
I have found tools like Brancher.ai helpful for building software workflows using AI-powered agents. It simplifies the process significantly. Great tool for minimizing our human effort! 💰
Jawwad F
I don't really go beyond GH Co-pilot and Co-pilot chat. But that's operating at the "help me dev faster" level, as opposed to actually producing the end result. Being able to quickly generate and iterate on E2E software systems is going to be the next level of AI assisted software development.
Meenank Minnu
I came across a fairly new tool called codewords. I tried creating an AI app, and that kinda surprised me as it made it all up within 15 mins. I'm a Linkedin guy and I asked it to create a linkedin post writer and image generator and it all did it.
Niteesha Tengarana
When Devin was introduced, as a backend developer, I was excited. As more people used it, the bugs and bad code that Devin wrote preceded its functionality. In my opinion, I think AI tools which help build software are good for non-devs to get a basic framework. But to make it production ready, I definitely think good coders should review it.
Aymeric Zhuo
@vn_tengarana Agree, the human developer in the loop will remain important. Although I see an opportunity to rethink how software is built from scratch. Current LLMs fall short of generating, reviewing and testing existing code written by humans but my sense is that this is not a problem anymore if we start from scratch.
Niteesha Tengarana
@aymericzhuo that's an intriguing thought. I am curious to know what you mean by building from scratch.
Aymeric Zhuo
@vn_tengarana the current state of software has been built through layers of abstraction: machine code -> low-level programming languages -> human-readable programming language -> deployed code. With better models (LLMs and beyond), I think we can bypass some of the middle steps.
SAURABH WANI
I think AI was vastly misunderstood, and how to make use of it "It's always been a dream for people like me to build a product with few clicks and buttons." may be its there soon
Aymeric Zhuo
@saurabh_wani3 my team and I have been building a solution where English is the programming language! Looking for beta testers right now, let me know if you'd be up to try it. It's like a midjourney for software but still early days.
Yashwanth Kotha
Lobe by Microsoft, seems super user-friendly. It's all about dragging and dropping your data into the platform, and it takes care of the heavy lifting like model training. If you’re thinking about diving into AI without trying to hard to understand the dynamics of building one, Lobe 2.0 could be worth a look.
Parichay Pal
I haven't come across or heard of that will create software. However they can write codes and workflows
Aymeric Zhuo
@parichay_pal my team and I have been building a solution where English is the programming language! Looking for beta testers right now, let me know if you'd be up to try it. It's like a midjourney for software but still early days. You can sign up at signup.codewords.ai with the code "earlybird24" :)
Gurkaran Singh
I've dabbled in using AI-powered tools like Dialogflow for creating chatbots, and let me tell you, it's like having a digital sidekick who's surprisingly good at small talk! How about you? Delving into any AI tools that make coding feel like a futuristic playground?
Launching soon!
We utilize Contentify AI to automate content creation and marketing strategies. Problem: Struggling to consistently create engaging content across multiple platforms? Solution: Contentify AI's AI agents can generate visuals, captions, blog posts, and optimize SEO, saving you time and ensuring a cohesive brand presence. Try Contentify AI for Free here. Just look up Contentify AI.