• Subscribe
  • What advice would you recommend keeping in mind prior to launching a product on Product Hunt?

Pallavi Ganpat Babar
    12 replies

Replies

Giles Crouch
    Great question! Presentations and pitches are performative art. They're important for investors and mean nothing to your customers. Make sure you've done your UX research, talked to prospective customers, had some beta trials and sought feedback. A nice slide deck is useless when a product hits the market. Do the prep work first. Get the fundamentals in place...business model, pricing model, price elasticity, UX, design elements and don't think "users", think humans. Pitch decks are for investors (sometimes), not customers.
    Pallavi Ganpat Babar
    @giles_crouch Yes, Certainly! We are actively conducting beta testing, gathering valuable feedback from a large spectrum of individuals, and diligently incorporating those insights into our product development. Thank you for highlighting this point!
    PRIYANKA MANDAL
    Before launching on Product Hunt, my top advice would be to ensure a clear and compelling presentation. Make your value proposition stand out, engage with the community and be ready to gather feedback.
    Prepare months prior to the launch engaging with the community, and getting early support via a "teaser" page. Also having great visuals (video, images, copywriting, logo/thumbnail) affects the first impression and conversion rate of those who upvote vs decide to actually try the tool out for themselves. A great, and easily explainable product will speak for itself Scheduling your launch on a day that is not very competitive, plus organizing your team so that everyone understands & executes their individual responsibilities prior to and during the launch. (We have launched today, currently in the #1 spot ("Beep 2.0"), and these are the things we have done) Hope this helps, Pallavi!
    @pallavi_ganpat_babar Wish you all the best, Pallavi. I'll be happy to support you. Connect with me on LinkedIn!
    @rockyperezz you had a great launch. How long was your teaser? Did you do the full 30 days?
    Pallavi Ganpat Babar
    @rockyperezz That's an excellent perspective, Roberto. I'll implement this before my launch.
    Don’t try launch everywhere at once. Pick a platform like product hunt and focus on building a community. This is where you focus most of your energy. Contribute, and support others. Once you launch here, then you can look at the next platform to launch on.