• Subscribe
  • What advice would you give to your university self ?

Arun Pariyar
    23 replies
    Please share what time has taught you πŸ™

Replies

Sergul Sungur
    If I had a chance I would say that enjoy your time and you always will do what you want to
    Andrew Lehman
    You're doing everything right.
    Christian Peters (Zweitag)
    Don't optimize for minimal study time. Maximize learning things that are relevant for your professional career and find the field and activities you're that activates your passion.
    Arun Pariyar
    Hi @c_ris_p, I specially appreciate your suggestion on partaking in activities that activates your passion. I too believe that it's a more active and engaging way to advance while at uni. Appreciate you sharing your learning !
    Moly Doly
    Focus on learning new skills.
    Ezzat Suhaime
    Love this thread. I'll be in college starting this Fall. Kinda scary
    G. M. Mehdi
    Focus on skills. Less is more. Good is good enough
    Dima Zubchenko
    Don’t give up on what’s important to you.
    Raphael Salaja
    1. Always ask for help 2. Whatever you make, make sure to share it, whether it be on social media or on your portfolio 3. Interact and socialize to build connections 4. Don't be afraid to learn new skills 5. Always keep track of assignments and projects that need to be done Special Tip: Don't forget to have fun!
    Tim Parsa
    1. Regret is just as painful as rejection, but lasts way longer, so take action always-- shoot your shot. 2. Your parents love you but are clueless-- find out who you are and sally forth from that point of self-knowing, not from whatever trajectory your upbringing as set you on. 3. Prioritize your health, physique, and diet-- this is the foundation for everything else and by becoming truly embodied and happy/comfortable with your body you will have a better shot of knowing yourself and setting out on the right course. 4. Alcohol is a disgusting drug and you should avoid it-- it makes you fat, stupid, violent, and sad-- there are much better substances to alter your mental state, starting with the serotonin from being in shape and tackling meaningful challenges. 5. Read Naval Ravikant's tweetstorm and listen to his podcasts-- everything you need to know to create wealth from your unique self and find peace is contained in there-- very digestible and actionable 6. Read Scott Adams How to Fail at Everything and Still Win Big-- funny modern frameworks for success from a very clear-thinking fellow. 7. Start an online business that sits at the intersection of what you love to do, what you're good at, and what you want to contribute to the world. The money part is important-- being poor sucks and makes everything harder. 8. Experiment and iterate always-- you have 60-odd years to find your Slykigai and build a life of love, wealth, peace, and happiness-- the more truth you discover from experimentation, the faster you will get there. 9. Don't get caught up in the soulmate myth-- there is no one person that is meant for you-- there are good ones, bad ones, but there's not just one person for you. Read David Deida and Rollo Tomassi to understand male/female socio-sexual dynamics 10. Have fun-- smile instead of frown, be rationally optimistic, assume the world is out to help you, i.e. cultivate pronoia-- the belief that everyone and everything is out to help you. 11. Understand bitcoin and why you should acquire it in a world of debased currencies. 12. Spend most of your time outside and in nature-- alone or with friends-- don't get trapped in an office. Break free from your cages. 13. Cultivate a community that is tied to a common place, i.e. localism-- we are apes with smartphones but most of the joy we derive comes from meatspace and meat people, not VR, AR, or social media. 14. Don't worry about what others think or say about you-- most people haven't read this list and are generally overstuffed, overstimulated, disassociated, status seeking, and sleepwalking through life on a path that was groomed for them by people just as clueless as they are. You got this!
    Arun Pariyar
    Hi @tim_parsa2, Just want to take a moment to thank you for what you wrote. I am sure that this is the distillation of many years of your life experience through its highs and lows and I truly hope that the readers will take to heart what they find valuable and make it their refuge. I thank you for taking write this πŸ™
    Tim Parsa
    @arunpariyar thanks for your kind words. It is indeed the scar tissue on my soul and psyche that I'm sharing, so that others may avoid some of the pitfalls and unfulfilling, i.e. time-wasting side-quests that occur when one lets oneself be programmed by others rather than cultivating self-knowing.
    Denis Pimenov
    Time has taught me patience. And I advise others to learn this))
    Emmett Parent
    Less alcohol - more sport and a bit more reading. But not long ago, I found out that there is dissertation help for students, something like https://edubirdie.com/dissertati.... It really amazed me that you can buy homework and spend the same amount of time on work and come out with extra money, which is pretty important for a student because when I was a student, I didn't have enough money to learn and live.