Want me to roast your landing page? 🔥

Philip Snyder
7 replies
Learned so much from this site, I will return the favor to the lovely PH community by roasting your landing page (and hopefully giving you some actionable feedback). Comment below with your website URL 👇

Replies

Harsh Vyas
Hey, thank you for sharing this approach! We've prepared this landing page template. Roast it and share your feedback. Page URL: https://life-hacker.pagemaker.link/
Philip Snyder
@psd Within the first 5 seconds of looking at this page- I had literally 0 idea what it does- it wasn't until I looked at the youtube explainer that I understood. Most cold traffic or random visitors who didn't come from content marketing are going to feel the same way and probably won't watch the video - Let's start at the heading and sub heading (it's my understanding that this is an app for writers to listen to music while they write?) Here's my revision Heading: The ultimate tool to fuel your creative writing Subheading: Unleash your imagination with access to limitless audio inspiration, and watch your writing flourish - I like the design of the site- the review section right under is great
Peyt Spencer Dewar
@philipsnyder thanks for taking a look and for your feedback! That revision sounds AI-generated though
Philip Snyder
@julia_putzeys Great Heading! Straight to the point- no jargon- easy to understand I like it! Regarding the second paragraph: I like the back half but I think you should speak to the core pain more For example: "Those food additives or flavorings can be real tricky to understand" - Confusing -> Danger - The core problem is that they don't want to be harmed by bad ingredients, let's speak to health more in that second paragraph here is my re-write of that entire second paragraph with a bit of anti big food emotion injected in lol "Know exactly what you're putting in your body. With Trash Panda, you can easily decode confusing food labels and avoid harmful ingredients. Don't let big food companies make decisions for you. Empower yourself with Trash Panda and make informed choices for a healthier you." - That review is bad, it's not unqiue, "best app ever... " blah blah blah- so generic. Your star studded review should speak to the products unique qualities, it shouldn't be something that could literally go on any landing page - On the design side I think you should add an extra horizontal margin in the navbar- On my phone the trash panda logo is touching the edge, and the 3 line hamburger icon is also touching the edge Also on the design/development side I know your current flow is all the call to actions go to the /download-the-apps page This is a 2 click process, but you can actually make it one click- it's possible to detect whether your on safari or android, and you can just 1 click direct them to the app store here
Julia Putzeys
@philipsnyder this is incredibly helpful feedback, thank you so much for taking the time. we're making these changes today!