• Subscribe
  • Twitter or LinkedIn - best social for a startup?

Nick Anisimov
    85 replies
    Which social networks are most important for a startup? Share your thoughts!

Replies

Gary Sztajnman
    How to get traction on Twitter?
    Think it depends on your audience
    Neel Patel
    Hang out where your (potential) customers are. For me, both would be required. But it largely depends.
    Lindsay Bassett
    @neelptl2602 agreed! It’s not so much about the startup than it is about their audience
    Relja Denic
    Linkedin for B2B is so powerful. You can use it for inbound and outbound. We built our start up just from linkedin outbound.
    Vinnie Tran
    @relja_denic so curious what is your business about and how you use Linkedln for B2B?
    Relja Denic
    @vinnie_tran We're a cold outreach software that combines LinkedIn and email into sequences that can think for you essentialy. We started with linkedin, connecting every day and sending follow up message. 1 month process where a lead replies sooner or later
    Manfred Tijerino
    I would say both. But, X is way more complicated to build an audience (followers).
    LinkedIn best for b2b startup
    Nick Anisimov
    @alex_egorov Agree! For the Enterprise B2B, definitely yes, for medium and small businesses, Twitter works well too.
    If you want to build community then X/Twitter and if you want to generate leads then LinkedIn.
    As many people here already mentioned, it does depend on your audience and business model. But when it comes to certain things in your start up journey like PH launch, it's crucial to stick to versatile approach and develop various social media to create broad communities and increase visibility. At least that's what we are doing with Klu.so and does produce good results💪
    Jake Harrison
     Free Essay Checker AI
    Free Essay Checker AI
    As an indie hacker, my product AffordHunt(an affordable AI and SaaS tools directory) is also aimed at serving other indie hackers or small and medium-sized businesses. In my opinion, Twitter is the most suitable social media platform for my situation.
    Rohan Pathak
    I would have said Twitter a few months back but the organic engagement is almost dead on the platform. It is better to use Linkedin for outreach and connect with like-minded founders who might be able to help you out!
    Mounir Nejjai
    depends on your product... for a B2B SAAS aimed at Enterprise companies, Linkedin seems best.
    Roman Gordy
    Twitter is like an ad on the bus. Linkedin is like an ad sticker inside the bus. It may be of the same topic, but needs different tricks to break the blindness.
    Nick Anisimov
    @arbonum that's a great analogy!
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @arbonum hahaha I like that a lot.
    Marc-Etienne Dartus
    Twitter for interaction with other founders, you can chat really easily with #buildinpublic community. I feel like the discoverability is better there. Otherwise if you search to talk with very specific people, LinkedIn is the place to go.
    Ali Qasim
    If your target audience is young and tech-savvy, Twitter might be a better fit. If your target audience is professionals in a specific industry, LinkedIn might be a better choice.
    Bhargav Patel
    Depends on what you want to generate first, revenue or community, and the niche of your startup!
    Chetan Natesh
    Who are the customers for your startup up? which platform do they use?...you should go to that platform.
    Amelia Watson
    If you want to generate leads, LinkedIn might be a better choice. If you want to build brand awareness, Twitter might be a better fit.
    Darya Antonyuk
    We're only starting our journey, and decided to give both Twitter and Linkedin a try and see what works best for our no-code email builder. It's B2B, but mostly for SMB and Freelancers, so both platforms seem necessary
    Paul Richardson
    Go to where your customers are.