• Subscribe
  • Trend is moving to web again.

Ken Yasue
    2 replies
    I'm running a dev agency for over 20 years. First, I started orthodox PHP web development, then I switched to App, then having a feeling that more and more startups are leaving to web application from mobile app. I have thought push notification was a great advantage to develop an app as a interface for your service, but seems like push notification is not enough to keep mobile apps in trend... Any thoughts ?

Replies

Chris Sarca
    I still believe that PWAs (Progressive Web Applications) are the future, we're building a suite of web apps for designers and animators, called Expressive Suite. We're going to launch the Free/Basic versions of the apps pretty soon, maybe you're interested: https://www.expressivesuite.com/ Now, getting back to the subject. There are a few things that bother me, like really bad and slow web apps that stain the reputation of well-made web apps, people are so used to poorly made web apps that they will expect all of them to perform like that. The other thing that bothers me (now it's not the case so much anymore), is that they're considered "websites" when they're really not, thus thinking that they should work on any browser, like those that have fallen behind like Firefox. I'm glad Edge is now chromium-based, the best decision they could've taken.
    Ken Yasue
    @chris_sarca >The other thing that bothers me (now it's not the case so much anymore), is that they're considered "websites" when they're really not, thus thinking that they should work on any browser, like those that have fallen behind like Firefox. Now after IE disappears from the market, we have problem with Mac's Safari :D I have a feeling the biggest problem about poor UX comes from React. It is nightmare when you have to increase performance of React base web application. But yes, PWA is the future. I think when apple impliment push notification on iOS Safari it will be a game changer.